Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Rudderless

Touching drama about father remembering lost son with music.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byKristin H. February 8, 2018

Profound, great music

We watched this with kids 13 up. They thought it was really good. Well written and directed. Great conversations about the impact our lives and choices have on each other. While there is swearing, lots of excessive drinking, and they buy a lot of instruments, it seems fitting and real. Most of this is from the dad who lost his son and is heart broken. As a mom, I was moved by the desire this father had to know his son and homuch kids push away in their teen years.

Adult Written byMARK L. October 22, 2017

A tremendous revelation allowing parents to exorcise false demons of guilt.

The toughest subject matter on earth for parents of a child. If it happens, do you as mother or father just hide... or do you face the demons and everyone on earth that will point fingers at you for creating a murderer???? I applaud the film and how sensitive matters are handled by a loving father of a young man that lost his mind and went off in a shooting spree in the library of a college. I also share compassion for the mother. She was forced into taking a second look at her son's pain and the genius in his songwriting. Both parents have another experience based on love and compassion for their son - rather than the shame of the act itself. Every human is born innocently as a new born baby child. Somewhere along the path of life, a child gets lost or develops psychological illnesses that can become deadly. What is accomplished when we add hatred and condemnation to family, former friends, girlfriends or wives of young suicide killers? Nothing but more negativity.