A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
Yes, this is not for kids. There is sex, violence and swearing. But only the first has (arguably) moments of gratuity in i... Continue reading
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about whether Hunt and Lauda are role models. They're Grand Prix champions, but they're also complex people with weaknesses and dark sides. Does this make them bad people?
- Could Rush have been made without the violent crashes and their bloody aftermath? Is this what people really watching racing to see? Why or why not?
- What's the difference between "likable" Hollywood characters and the characters shown in this movie?
- In theaters: September 20, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: January 28, 2014
- Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Daniel Bruhl, Olivia Wilde
- Director: Ron Howard
- Studio: Universal Pictures
- Genre: Drama
- Topics: Cars and Trucks, History
- Run time: 123 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: sexual content, nudity, language, some disturbing images and brief drug use
- Last updated: March 16, 2020
Our editors recommend
For kids who love sports and cars
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch