All parent member reviews for Safe House

Parent Written bymammadrama1963 June 28, 2013

SAFE HOUSE--Safe for Four Year Olds

Safe House is honestly not that inappropriate of a movie. Besides the one scence in the bathroom with the boy and the girl, which doesn't show any nudity by the way, I would let even my youngest child watch it. It is however violent, but the violence is maily in self defense so I don't think it is a big deal.
Adult Written bynew man February 10, 2012

warning

parents need to keep in mind that this movie is rated R and is most likley NOT aprpoeate for kids of any age so please think of this before going to the theater this weekend for V DAY weekend
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byHoosier10 February 14, 2014

Too much prolonged violence

Ryan Reynolds and Denzl Washington are pretty good in this. But, it's the typical violent (over the top violence), macho "lone wolf" who can survive anything story. I don't know why it's rated R. The language is relatively tame for an R (lots of sh*t, h*ll, d*mn...I can't recall if f* was used). Aside from 1 scene where a woman gets into the shower with her boyfriend (altho you don't see anything but her back) right at the beginning, there's no sex or innuendo. There's just lots & lots of gore and violence. Some of the scenes go on & on. Even toward the end when you think it's over, there's more gore. My 6th grader watched it and I wasn't uncomfortable aside from the over the top violence. Denzl is a former CIA agent so all kinds of bad guys are after him and they have top notch guns and fighting skills. Did I mention it's gory? The plot was not even that clever. We saw it free on HBO, and I'm glad I did not pay good money.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski December 5, 2012

Typical action movie, with some excellent acting

Pretty typical as far as action thrillers go, but Washington and Reynolds give great performances. Although the premise is good, it is too often abandoned in favor of more action sequences. It's worth a watch if you like the genre, but it is not for younger viewers, as there is quite a bit of violence and blood.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 6, 2012

16 and up.

Safe House is a good action/adventure movie stars with Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington and this action thriller movie is only for your older teens and parents you need to know that safe house has a lot of intense violence some strong language used and some drinking used such as wine.
Parent Written bycleanmovies0 May 19, 2012

Great......?

Some parents would be very surprised by the blood in this and language including plenty of f-words and others
Parent Written bymoonstruck4 February 26, 2012

Get a babysitter

When I saw a couple walking out of this movie with their two year old I was quite horrified. I am a therapist. Otherwise entertaining with good performances.