All parent member reviews for Sahara

Adult Written byverona April 9, 2008

Fun for grownups as well as kids

In the vein of Indiana Jones--no it REALLY couldn't have happened -- lots of action (bloodless) and roller coaster fun. I don't get the concern about how Africans are portrayed---I did not feel it was insensitive and I've lived there.
Adult Written byswordoftruth April 9, 2008
Parent Written byJustain May 11, 2016

The review by Nell Minow is wrong.

This movie is great and Nell Minow is a liar. The Africans in this movie are not portrayed poorly. If Nell had actually watched the movie and paid attention instead of being a bitter old single cat lady, she would have noted that the majority of the story is about caring for, saving and rescuing the African's from an evil leader and corporation. Instead she lies and says it's about killing Africans. Instead of misleading people for your own Black Panther Movement Nell, tell the truth!! My 8, 9 and 10 year olds loved it and it opened up good conversation about what was wrong with a country's leadership when enticed by greed, power and corruption, especially stemming from large corporations and how it affects the public.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion May 26, 2009

A Fun and Engaging Action Ride...

SAHARA is a fun movie. It's very implausible towards the end, but it's lots of fun, and if you can get past some unrealistic stunt scenes, you'll have a blast watching it. There's nothing worse here than an Indy Jones film. There are several action sequences and countless close calls, but very little graphic violence. A massacre is overheard (gunshots and screams), and we see several people infected with a mysterious illness that gives them red cuts and dialated eyes. Some people are shot onscreen and one man gets a spear thrown through his hand, but the only gore we see are some cuts on the bodies, a few encrusted with blood. There is no sex, and language is mild (with some "h*ll"s and "d**n"s).
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Funny and entertaining

Adult Written byronja January 7, 2012

very good movie the review is wrong

This is a very good, entertaining film. There is a violence, especially at the beginning, there are some sad parts but overal it is a great adventure movie with lot of funny moments! And I absolutely don't understand why the review says there are some unpleasant approach towards minorities and women, cause I haven't notice anything like that. The bad guys in the movie behave as bad guys, that's to be expected, but there is definitely no racism or such!
Parent of an infant, 5, and 5 year old Written bymdpack May 3, 2011

One of my favorites

I can watch this movie over and over. It has wonderful character development, excellent story line, great one liners for humor mixed in with some great action. While the action is sometimes perhaps unrealistic that is what makes this movie fun to watch it walks the line between realistic and not possible. At the same time tells a fun fictional story and shows conflict between people, man and nature.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byTending Bloom April 9, 2008

Wow....Let's see it again.

Finally, a movie where the sidekick has a brain and is allowed to use it. It was a wonderful new twist on the classic action adventure movie. I will have to see it again.
Adult Written byMountain Biker April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

A lot of fun!

If you just want a fun action-adventure, this is a great movie to rent! Just cover the kids' eyes during the scene where the gunmen shoot the best friend of the main female character. That's pretty graphic.
Adult Written bydrake0013 April 9, 2008

Very Good

I have read that others think it is unfair towards blacks by killing them without regard. However, the movie takes place in Africa. Of course the bad guy army is black. The good guy army is black as well. And, in the end, the good guys win. Race is a non-issue here. Also, I don't feel it was unfair towards women, unless making a woman a brilliant, caring doctor who saves the hero's life is unfair. The movie is silly, but very fun to watch.
Adult Written bykmw7209 April 9, 2008

Mindless Fun

I took my 13-year-old daughter to this and we both had a blast. It's a light adventure with a few great chase scenes and funny lines thrown in. Not the greatest plot in the world, but fun for a summer night at the movies.
Adult Written byjennbeau April 9, 2008

Kept me interested!!!

The two guys in this film make a great comedy pair!!! Starts out a little slow but Matthew doesn't dissapoint!!!
Adult Written bycrackerjack April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjay21310 April 9, 2008

AWESOME

I loved this movie and bought it right after it came out because I liked how the storyline goes, it had some interesting facts, and it had the spook of "the world's in danger!". all together I recommend this movie to anyone who wants a well put together action/mystery movie!
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

A pleasant surprise

I really enjoyed this movie! It was clean and funny, some violence but overall enjoyable. A very interesting plot and story line, exciting and one I bought to own.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Very fun movie

A very fun movie! There is lots of action to keep you from falling asleep, and the storyline is pretty easy to follow. The main character drinks alcohol with meals, but does so responsibly, as in, he is never drunk. The disease that the Africans are catching is shown in a pretty frightening way, especially when it showing the eyes. One of the reviewers before me mentioned the scene in which the heroine's friend is shot. This is scene is very frightening and has sad outcomes, but a lesson is learned when you see that he will not tell the "bad guys" where the heroine is. Overall, this is a movie that you will want to watch again and again, though it will most likely be too much for the younger kids.