A Black girl sits next to her mom and dad on a couch, all smiling. She is pointing at a smartphone that they are looking at together.

Concerned about social media, AI, and screen time?

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best out of media and tech.

Parent and Kid Reviews on

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 5 kid reviews

Sort by:

Really great movie.

Really good movie, Ewan McGregor is definitely my favorite actor of all time. I wish I watched it more than 3 times in the 48 hours I had from renting it. Amazing movie and is fine for 11+ if parents approve.

Loved Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

A wonderful tale that we rated 12 and up only because younger might not understand the political parts. There is a scene of implied sex (couple in bed, sheets up, arms showing), and one f-bomb, nothing they don't hear by age 12 in school. We LOVED it. And didn't find the press secretary story line jarring at all, more comedic break that keeps the story from being too sweet.

12A / PG-13

Contains some violence and sexual content, and brief language.

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

This was a cute, romantic movie with value. Fred (Ewan McGregor) is an expert on fisheries, and one day is contacted by Harriet (Emily Blunt) about bringing fly-fishing to the Yemen. As they explor the possibility of this, they find them selfes falling for eachother....

salomen fishing in the yeming

great film but think before you let your kids see it. bit of strong language and mild sex but doesnt ruin it.