All parent member reviews for Sanctum

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bySoftball mom February 24, 2011

Watch it at home.

It was long, intense and sad. A triumphant ending would have saved this movie. It fell flat.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 February 4, 2011

Great thriller for teens and up

I took my 13 year old nephew to see this movie not realizing it was rated R! We both really enjoyed the movie and were absolutely on the edge of our seats for the entire last hour of the movie. Once we left the movie I saw that it was rated R and was quite shocked. The language is not that bad and the violence is not that bad. True there are quite a few drownings and scenes with dead people floating around but again I am surprised this film didn't get a PG-13 rating. The 3D is excellent and definitely recomend it to adult and teens.
Adult Written bykhan2705 February 18, 2011

a bad movie.

The 3-D action-thriller Sanctum, from executive producer James Cameron, follows a team of underwater cave divers on a treacherous expedition to the largest, most beautiful and least accessible cave system on Earth. When a tropical storm forces them deep into the caverns, they must fight raging water, deadly terrain and creeping panic as they search for an unknown escape route to the sea. Master diver Frank McGuire (Richard Roxburgh) has explored the South Pacific's Esa-ala Caves for months. But when his exit is cut off in a flash flood, Frank's team--including 17-year-old son Josh (Rhys Wakefield) and financier Carl Hurley (Ioan Gruffudd)--are forced to radically alter plans. With dwindling supplies, the crew must navigate an underwater labyrinth to make it out. Soon, they are confronted with the unavoidable question: Can they survive, or will they be trapped forever? Shot on location off the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, Sanctum employs 3-D photography techniques Cameron developed to lens Avatar. Designed to operate in extreme environments, the technology used to shoot the action-thriller will bring audiences on a breathless journey across plunging cliffs and into the furthest reaches of our subterranean world. first of all why a 3D movie, why the hell they thought of making it a 3D movie while clearly there wasn't any use of it. it sure would look nice in IMAX but clearly this movie isn't a 3D kind. clearly its just for the expensive ticket sale so that it would do some good box office business as the makers knew that it would sink. and secondly, seriously, James Cameron, i mean i didn't see any of his input in this movie. it looked like they use to give some hype. its not a big budget movie. looks very B grade. it was disappointing to see this movie. i didn't like it much. don't even ask me about performances, those were not worst but just bad by some and one or two were kind of below average. starring Richard Roxburgh, Rhys Wakefield, Ioan Gruffudd, Alice Parkinson and Daniel Wyllie. Direction of this movie is very bad. i mean seriously he didn't handled this movie the way he should and the way it would have been good enough to watch. clearly very poor direction. plot was very weak, story seemed interesting and it was but still it wasn't shown well. the characters were annoying and were not well written i mean i wasn't feeling bad for then so much when they were dying. screenplay was not good either with a lot of mistakes and poor writing. disappointed. cinematography seemed good but wasn't use good and they way they should have i mean a complete waste of a good cinematography. visual effects were not good either. background score etc. i mean this movie was not the worst movie you can see, there are far more awful movie than this one. it was somewhat entertaining and enjoyable, i said somewhat. the brutal killings of people were very thrilling to watch. there are very few thrilling scenes in the movie. honestly it is not a movie to waste money on, but still if u wan't to than i can't say anything else. so, .....
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymovies watcher February 17, 2011

Holy places without holy attitude

heart pumping...a lot of bad word, feels like drown together
Parent of a 18+ year old Written bythomas1foot January 25, 2012

A Must See

Sanctum has a lot of swearing as the most commonly used word is the F-bomb. Characters drown realistically and one has his head bashed on rocks: His head is covered in blood and one eye has been closed..... permanently. One character get her hair caught in caving equipment and is "scalped" before drowning. One of the divers stabs another and is lit on fire, before also drowning. A teenager drowns his own father to put him out of his misery (he was the victim of the stabbing) Over all this movie is a must see but may be more suitable for 12 year olds or mature people who are younger,
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 7, 2011

15 and up.

sanctum is an awesome action adventure movie but parents you need to know that sanctum has a lot of violence some disturbing images that maybe hard to watch characters used strong language and there is a little bit of smoking and drinking the message is about the struggle to overcome the odds and survive The characters must learn to work together and solve new problems at every turn The secondary theme involves an emotionally distant father and his son finding a connection.
Adult Written byfizzaman June 6, 2011

Sanctum my review

its a good film but could have been better but its still a great film to watch and very enjoyable!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byJldubeu February 12, 2011

Tension in movie, not for anyone with claustrophobia or fear of drowning. Okay for children exposed to violence.

Hated it, I was so scared! It doesn't seem that bad in the beginning but it turns ugly! People kill each other who were once friends! I recommend that no one my age sees this. I am terrified! I have seen movies like "Silence of the Lambs" and "The Sixth Sense" but for me, this is the scariest. I am very claustrophobic and very scared of drowning. During the movie, I forgot about my life and I thought I was a character in the movie and I thought I was going to die! After the movie, I wasn't that hungry. Yet the movie was scary (Not bad, just scary) it had an amazing ending that made my whole day better because who likes a movie that makes you feel bad!
Adult Written byMi3 February 6, 2011
Parent of an infant, 2, 4, 7, and 11 year old Written bylindsey678 February 4, 2011

BAD PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU TOOK A KID 14 AND UNDER TO SEE THIS MOVIE THEN YOU ARE BAD PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byHedgieguy11 February 4, 2011

Too violent for anyone under 10

In one scary sequence, a character is impaled by a stalactite.