All teen and kid member reviews for Sanctum

Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorswift2122 February 5, 2011
this film is o.k for mature teens one crude joke and thats it. very violent dead bodies might scare tweens but other than that it is fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNewts_Princess March 18, 2015

Fears

Not really appropriate for under 13's. 13 is pretty much the perfect age however it can still cause some mental fears and trauma if you suffer from Claustrophobia or Fear of Drowning. Still a very good movie however. :)
Kid, 11 years old December 8, 2012

sanctum is epic

great film im 11 and ive seen it .some scenes are are a bit disturbing like a man coughing up blood,a woman having her scalp ripped off ,2 people drowning and a man with a staligemite through his lungs
Teen, 16 years old Written bygoldenlion666 April 14, 2012

sanctum

good film
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2011

Sanctum :(

ick...I was really quite disappointed by this movie :( . James Cameron could do better and it was pretty bad even thought the concept was interesting (like how it was inspired by a true story) I really would give it a miss if you are planning to see it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

R Rating is mostly because of profanity and occasional strong violence

The R rating of Sanctum, was at first, to me,surprising.The trailer made it look like a breezy PG-13 adventure movie, but once I actually saw the movie, i got the reason of why it got the R rating. The reason why is mostly because of the profanity, which is quiet unnecessary and at a surprisingly aggressive level. Another reason is because of the increasingly gritty violence and a couple very graphic scenes of hair being torn out of a woman's scalp and of multiple creepy drownings. And overall, it just isn't really that good either, although I wasn't really exactly expecting that much from the dull looking trailers as well.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovieslolliesetc July 6, 2011

Meh. Confronting and suspensful for an early teen.

I, as a 13 year old found it kind of scary. There was alot of swearing which shocked me at first but got used to it as it was supposed to be real life after all. I found the people dying and seeing dead people really confronting having to shut my eyes from time to time. I thought it was very sad at the end and initially wished it would turn around and have a happy ending but as I said before it is supposed to be real life and life isn't full of happy endings. It was suspensful and thrilling but wouldn't watch it again or spend more than $20 to see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAubreyNewman June 19, 2011

Great movie, but too much unnessesary swearing.

This is a really great suspenseful movie. I really liked it, although the swearing was a little too much, and used many swear words when it wasnt at all nessesary. There is also quite a bit of blood shown and is a little bit violent, and people die in horrible graphic ways. I cringed and covered my eyes more than once. I would reccomend this for teens and mature children that are ready to take on an intense movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2011

Sanctum

This was a very entertaining, yet moving movie. The characters had to cooperate to escape. People die, though only 3 in gruesome ways, the rest who died drowned. Repeated uses of f*** and some mild cussing. Those with claustrophobia, and those afraid of drowning shouldn't watch this. Also, if you disliked the deaths in Titanic, don't watch this. This was an overall enjoyable movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest March 27, 2011

AWESOME,NOT GORY,AND INTENSE AND IN 3D

A guy head is defaced and a girl cut her hear off those are the scary part but the movie is totally awesome
Teen, 13 years old Written byAdamY March 6, 2011
It was kind of gross some girl gets scalped and people die in some pretty bad ways that is the only things that bother me other then that it pretty good if you like adventure
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

SCARY!!!

this movie is scary, violent and scary.
Kid, 11 years old February 13, 2011

Had some boring part but sometimes the movie was very entertaining

I liked it because it was very suspenseful and made your arm tingle.For suspense lovers this is the movie.People over 12 should watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process February 6, 2011

Good, in a bad way.

The "Is it any good?" thing criticized the movie for being too similar to other movies, but if you haven't seen those other movies, then it doesn't matter. The edge-of-your-seat suspense was so effective that it was almost uncomfortable to watch, which is good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNaya B. February 5, 2011

Sounds intense..........gonna go see it!!!!!!

Sounds cool, might go see it if it's worth the money. I like James Cameron's movies and think this might be pretty satisfying. If not, who cares, personally the violence doesnt seem as bad to me as many movies rated PG-13.