Parent reviews for Santa Paws 2: Santa Pups

Holiday musical with adorable puppies will amuse kids.

Adult Written byTrijer December 17, 2020

Surprisingly entertaining

My three and a half year old and I watched this together. His only complaint was there were a lot of songs and not a whole lot of pups. But the message was good, it moved at a good speed, it was clean, and there were positive messages. It wasn't too secular nor too religious. A perfect balance and something to watch together if you just need a little happy break.

Adult Written byKate S. December 13, 2017

Cute but not as good as The Search for Santa Paws

In 2010, Disney released the movie, The Search for Santa Paws. My little brother and sister enjoyed it very much and I did as well. We were all very excited when it was announced that they would be releasing Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups in 2012. As soon as the movie was able for purchase, I got it for my siblings as an early Christmas gift. As we began to watch it, we quickly realized that it wasn't a sequel to the first at all. They had the same little girl who played Quinn, a cute orphan with a beautiful voice, from the first movie as a different little girl, now her name was Sarah and she has just lost her mother. It was very confusing at first because it was the same girl playing a different part in the same movie franchise. The songs in this movie were not as memorable as the ones in the first and the plot had good heart and intentions but came off as very depressing for a children's film. In my opinion, if you're looking for an adorable Christmas puppy movie, I suggest watching The Search for Santa Paws.
Parent Written byartexas2012 July 16, 2013

Death of the mother is a heavy subject

The death of the kids' mother is discussed a great deal and can be really sad. This is the family's first Christmas without the mother, and the character's are each dealing with these heavy emotions in their own way. We watched it and my 8 year old enjoyed it, but I would not have put it in if I would have known how heavy the subject matter would be.