Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Scooby-Doo! Music of the Vampire

Vampire mystery/musical is funny but has iffy themes.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byStanleypuss July 14, 2012

It is A very good Movie. It has a few sexy stuff though not for 6 & lower.

Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 6, 2014

Vampires

We are fascinated, as a society, by the supernatural. This is why Scooby-Doo exists, we love the supernatural, but we also love to feel secure which is how they built children up to this. Now this movie was done in 2011, targeting a big vampire boom, but it is certainly not the first to happen in North American/ Western society as in the 30s, 40s and 50s, Dracula movie was made time and time again, in the 80s there was a huge boom of campy vampire movies and that led into the 90s and now due to the boom of the young adult genre it has begun again. This movie capitalizes on the vampire boom while making jokes about how tame these vampires have become and bringing the old fashioned vampires back in sight. It's a good way for children to become involved or at least aware of the mystery and fantasy genre as well as the fact that this movie has some funny jokes like the fact that they named the mayor Poubelle, if you do not speak French, it is a the term used for a garbage can, it is something that younger viewers would not understand, but can make someone a little older smile. This is a musical as well, and it has some cute songs in there, but this is a Scooby-Doo movie, do not over think it because Scooby-Doo will always be more appropriate for your child than Disney.
Parent of an infant, 4, 4, 5, and 8 year old Written byMia Lavared October 16, 2016

Kids 6 and up should defintitly watch it!

Pretty Good