Kid reviews for Scooby-Doo

Too scary for most kids, too dumb for most teens.

Kid, 8 years old July 9, 2014

Good Movie

Scooby-Doo is a great movie with brief sexual jokes and language such as "freaking" and "naked". It has some scary images and drinking, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2014

Scooby-dooby, doo, where are you?

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles

This is a good movie don't get me wrong, but there might be some things that are too intense for some kids. There is violence obviously, there is language, uses of damn and b***h, and there is "sexy stuff" too. Daffini and Shaggy kiss, and in the DVD it has the deleted scenes, and there are girls shaking their butts, and a girl in a bikini in the locker room deleted scene.

Teen, 17 years old Written byStoogefan197 January 4, 2020

Crazy funny action-filled adventure based off of classic cartoon has stuff for both kids and adults.

I don't think fans of the cartoon will be disappointed with this movie, because while it is silly in some areas, the actors played the characters very well especially with Matthew Lillard playing Shaggy. And, in addition to that, there's jokes that are played for both kids and adults and if you don't like the adult jokes in kids' movies than just remember that this movie is rated PG (for some rude humor, language and some scary action) and it's not even that bad, kids aren't going to get it, and parents are actually going to find it humorous. And that's another thing, the jokes in the movie are actually funny, even if one of them is Shaggy and Scooby burping and farting, but hey it's bodily functions it happens on a daily basis, you gotta deal with it. This movie is not bad at all, in fact the only thing that bugs me in the movie is Scrappy Doo. But all in all, Scooby-Doo is a fun-filled ride, even though it's not for everyone, but I enjoy it. In terms of how I put it with my favorite cartoon adaptations, well it's up there with Space Jam and Woody Woodpecker, that's for sure. But, anyways this movie is good, and it doesn't deserve the hate. 8.5/10
Teen, 13 years old Written by24bennett June 4, 2019

I am thirteen and I watch this movie atleast once a month it is my favorite!

The characters are ok. Silly Scooby believing the call to come in to the dark forest for a bag of "Hamburgers" makes me cackle. Scooby's voice itself is something to just laugh at. Shaggy and Scooby's frienship plays a big role in the film, they not just try to be goofy because there are good momments in the film where you feel the bond of the frienship. The only flaw about Shaggy and Scooby is them making the farting contest. As it just feels like the movie wants to be a big joke. Velma is a smart and sensitive woman. for you can see her bland side in a couple scenes. Daphne is too much of a grumpy, grouchy teen, not like the show. Daphne is constantly wanting to impress the gang that she can do something and that she is something more than grouch. Fred is probably my least favorite character, for he is a bigger grouch than Daphne, he feels like he is the most important member of the gang and does not appreciate what Daphne and Velma do for the team. Meanwhile he is involved in sexy and drinking jokes and innapproppriet behavior. They litterly took what was good about Fred in the show and flipped it upsidedown. He is no longer a role modle but a character you don't want your children to be. So probably the best characters would be Velma, then Scooby, then Shaggy. If you are a parent please I am shure your youngsters can see the movie without caring for the stupid sexy jokes or the drinking. And last thing, is it just me or does it seem I've never found one scary scene in this movie?

Teen, 15 years old Written byshreklover101 March 5, 2019

Very intense experience

Shaggy's spiritual energy transported me to another plane of consciousness as soon as he came on screen. I thought I was in hell, but knew that something was up when Satan kept saying zoinks! and jinkies!
Very well thought out storyline.

Kid, 12 years old February 6, 2019

Lots of messed up stuff!

Lots of clothes that show too much stuff... Daphne got mad in when they were finding clues, and she said that she would open a can of old Chinese whoop a**. When Fred gets posessed he talks calls someone a bi*ch. Velma gets clearly drunk. And after the gang splits up in the begining, there is a marajuana reference. And Shaggy's crush's name is,"Mary Jane" Shaggy claims that Mary Jane is his favorite name.

But they do have good messages at the end.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDD22 January 20, 2019

some things not listed

Fred refers to the girls as b*tches.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJakeP34 September 26, 2018

Things i noticed

i noticed that in the part where shaggy was in velmas body it seemed he looked up her skirt and when the monsters took fred and velma when velma got lifted up her legs were far apart so if someone was beneath her someone could have looked up her skirt p.s Her skirt is so short
Teen, 13 years old Written byShawn J. July 28, 2018

Funny and exciting, but too much inappropriate language for Scooby-Doo

This is a great movie with lots of fun and action, but it is too scary in some parts, has a lot of crude innuendos, and a lot of scantily clad people. I guess teamwork could be considered a positive message in this movie?

Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2018

good movie

good, but some of the scenes in this movie can terrorize a 6 year old

Teen, 16 years old Written byimatapayphone June 25, 2018
Kid, 9 years old March 10, 2018

scooby doo

is not my favorite movie though this one was better than all the other ones I saw

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman December 13, 2016

A fun choice for families

Scooby-Doo is a pretty fun family oriented film. The cast fits perfectly. Sarah Michelle Gellar is the perfect Daphne, and Freddie prinze is a great Fred. But really Matthew is the best casting choice, he's so much like shaggy it's crazy. The movie has many fun action packed scenes, along with some humor the kids should like. The only scene I objected to was the farting contest, I think we could've done without that. I'm obviously not a parent yet, but I certainly wouldn't want my children thinking that was funny or imitating that crude behavior. Other than that, it's very family friendly. Makes for a fun scooby doo themed family movie night.

Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM April 5, 2016

An Okay Movie

This movie is okay for ages 11 and up. When I watched this movie, I was surprised at the amount of innuendo in the movie! But in the end, this is another classic Scooby-Doo story. The villains are actually really creepy, so I would suggest waiting a bit to show this to your children. But the live action aspect of the film adds something to the Scooby universe.

Teen, 13 years old Written byXtreme101 October 12, 2015

Oh Boy, This Movie.

So after reviewing a series of films (and one tv show) that I love, I decided that that was going to get boring. So, here is Scooby-Doo. I have hated this movie ever since I was little. The plot is monotonous. Don't even bother paying attention to it. The visual effects are all hilariously terrible. Especially Scooby himself, who looks about as realistic as he is in the cartoon. And finally, the acting is unexplainably atrocious. Freddy Prinze Jr.? His hamminess is the stuff of legend (at least where I live). But to the film's rather miniscule credit, Mathew Lillard as Shaggy is at least passable. As for inappropriate stuff? There is one reference to Shaggy's possible drug addiction, and a creepy scene where two characters switch bodies and the boy (in the girls body) says something about looking at himself (herself?) in the mirror. But please, please don't show your kids this movie. There are so many alternatives I can't even count.
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2015

12A

Contains moderate peril, disturbing sequences, horror and rude humor.

Kid, 9 years old June 6, 2014

Really bad!

Go for the cartoons.
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2013

GOOD AND SCARY FOR TWEENS AND UP

Sex: 3.5/10. Innuendos.
Violence: 7/10. Some scary creature action, people possesed at times, glass shattering, motorcycle chase, scary on a PG-13 scale.
Language: 5/10. B*tch, some milder profanities.
Drugs: 4/10 Some references to Marijuana.
Frightening Scenes: 6/10. Creature violence, brief glimpses of limbs.
Total: 25.5/50.
I give this movie a 3.5. Not for young tweens.

Teen, 16 years old Written bycarcarlicarcarli March 15, 2013

Awful

I am very disappointed with this movie! Language is not appropriate, women wear clothes that are way too tight. Nothing like the classic show. I would not suggest watching this if you have children under the age of.............. well, just don't watch this at all.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytvzillia March 12, 2013

Scooby-Doo movie review

not as good as the animated movies and shows