Kid reviews for Scrooged

Scrooged Poster Image

(screaming and crying now)

A man is burned alive.

Phenomenal representation, comedy, and tons of laughs!

I watched this movie when I was 8 band I absolutely loved it. It quickly became my favorite Christmas movie. I really enjoyed Bill Murray' comedy and his acting was unparalleled. I recommend it for mature kids 8 and up because it was a memory I will never forget.

I expected more for csm

OK, mostly NCSM (Not-commonsensemedia) mostly has there ratings to high, but this is low. For christmas we decided to watch this with my sister which is 7 (Worst idea in my intire life XD) Swearing: Think of all the swearwords besides the f word and the n word and thats how much swearing, I'm not joking they said it all. Sex: Many things about girls, buying women with the money, and soon in the movie a women who wasnt aloud on the show because a quarter of her nipples were shown. Consunumerisim: Well first of all there is the buying women problem, the point of it is that he is in a TV show business, and the money takes him like scrooge. Smoking: He gets meeted by ghosts, and one of them smokes a lot and has very bad teeth. Violence: The only violence in this scene is one of the ghosts punching and kicking him and hitting him with a toaster, he is also seen a dead person frozen that wouldn't have died if he would have giving him just $1, and there is a person who got fired from the main character and decides to get enough money to buy a gun and try to shoot him. Great role models: BARELY ANY, though at the end he learns his lesson and starts being nice and gets a girl.

This movie was...interesting

My dad wanted to watch this film on christmas for family movie night. I was expecting a sexy violent man child comedy since those are the movies he ussualy picks and I was right. This movie has sexy costumes like panties, and downright offensive things like an employee who brings in a gun and obssesivly shoots. Though this movie was made before the office shootings it just simply dismisses how serious and dangerous it is. The movie is also creepy with ghosts. But the one good thing about it is it's main theme is be kind to everyone and it portray's that well. Wish I hadn't watched it.

A bit unsettling

I watched it when I was around 10. It ever so slightly traumatized me, and it took me until I remembered it at age 13 to face my fears. That being said, there are parts that definitely made me laugh.

Ok a few laughs but some iffy content and never quite got there

If I could I would give it two and a half stars it’s not terrible but it’s not good first frank (Bill Murray) is always interested in women and is quite a dope in this film many sexual references but no actually sexual stuff except one thing in his version of a Christmas carol he makes it is violent and has women in suggestive outfits but anyway throughout the movie he becomes a better person there’s a little bit of violence nothing 11 or 12 year old can’t handle though it’s kinda got a few dumb things to also it never really got there I laughed a few times but not many overall not a good movie 2 and a half stars I wouldn’t recommend it cause it’s just a bad movie in general also some bad languge and drinking and some smoking and cigar smoking

Favorite Christmas Movie !

I watched this film when I was around 9 and it scared me so much I couldn't get to the end of it lol! I recommend it for at least 10+ because it has some swearing, some violence (as expected), and some "sexual" stuff (nothing really shown). I adore this movie, and quote the "Go Back To Jersey Ya Moron!" part everytime I see a NJ plate! This is a classic Bill Murray film, and it definitely should be watched and remembered!

Favourite Christmas film ever

Although it’s not entirely appropriate for younger kids, it’s just hilarious. Classic Bill Murray. It has a great message and a hilarious streak of dark humour.

Very good christmas movie

This is a very fun adaptation of the original "A Christmas Carol." But there is one scene where you can see a woman's breasts, so if you have young children that you wouldn't want to have them see that don't watch this. There is some bad language but it isn't terrible. There is some smoking and drinking hard alcohol. But it's good to see the main character (Frank Cross played by Bill Murray) become a better person throughout the movie. Overall this is a very good movie and I give it 4/5 stars.

AWESOME