Kid reviews for Season of the Witch

Season of the Witch Poster Image

Don't Waste Your Time.

Forwarding: This isn't coming from a conservative teenager that can't stand gore or violence. In fact I can pretty much handle everything... Except this movie. This movie is about men transporting an evil witch ( which turns out to be Satan) to a place to destroy her because she supposedly caused the Black Plague. This movie includes almost every 3 minutes you see a half decapitated person in full view. I feel like this movie definitely shouldn't have been rated pg-13. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Hope this helped someone!

Why would you watch this in the first place

This is on my Letterboxd list of my least favourite films. It's cheesy (and not in the good way), spiritually really dark, and generally a poor movie. I don't want to be negative, but the plot is dumb to begin with. So yes, it's not the best for kids, but is it really worthwhile for ANYONE?

Season of the Witch

This movie is a great watch, filled with magic, war and fantasy but looks are deceived and then becomes the act of hanging, gore and blood. This truly amazing fantasy film is set in the time of the back plague and then some deserters (from war and god) are set on a quest to go to take a witch on to trial. She firstly looks innocent but as I said before looks are deceived and she does some unspeakable things. With this great movie main characters get cut down, people get strung up and the innocent get wiped out by death. There are some various horror scenes for example when he stabs a woman (because he was ordered to do this) and then the woman comes back to haunt him in his dreams. Also the 'witch' has a grin on her face when the worst of things happen and this is sure to send a shiver down your ice cold spine. There are various unexpected scenes like the magic that possesses some of the people and the unfortunate deaths. For all of the reasons said I would recommend to all those people who can handle fantasy violence but otherwise this is a great movie (By the way it hardly has any swearing (only one or two swearwords)). So go on stop reading this and be sure to watch this great medieval mix. Thanks and I hope you have found this review helpful.

Good movie.

I saw it when I was 8 and wasn't scared, so should be okay for 12 & up. The demons are really cool.

Scary movie

I enjoyed the movie but some scenes are very disturbing and or frightening with alot of violence, blood and killing. I would recommend this movie for teens 15+

cool movie

realy gory people being hung and people being torcured

The perfect medieval adventure movie

Season of the Witch is a delightfully campy, nostalgic and scary good time that combines action/adventure, horror, and spirituality in a very compelling way. With an excellent cast, starring Ghost Rider's Nic Cage and Hellboy's Ron Pearlman, this is exactly my kind of movie. It's wonderfully directed, features awesome swordfight scenes, and it's ultimately quite scary. In the end, this will probably only please hardcore action/horror fans. But luckily, I am one of those people. For me, this film's only flaw is the design of the demon; it's CGI is rather middling, and it doesn't look scary enough. But regardless, this film is very scary and action-packed, and fans of its genre will be highly pleased. Five stars!

Wow just wow.

Thanks ron pearlman you big stupid gorrilla, stick with Hellboy and dont do anything else, no other critic is gonna be this mean and say it, Nic cage and Ron pearlman you maid this movie suck, as if the visuals, directing, and editing didn't do that. Horrible on every level!

Unintentionally funny suspence/fantasy, so incredabley stupid.

To much creepy stuff, people that have big black lumps all over there bodies with flies buzzing around them. This movies weak acting is so bad that its not even funny anymore, nic cage GET A GOOD SCRIPT!!!!! Of course thats like asking Will Ferral to not be annoying for one movie.

Season of the Witch 101

Season of the Witch is a great movie for kids 12+. There was some intense scenes, disturbing images, and practically the whole movie was creepy but I loved this movie. There was stabbing, threatening to kill someone, accusing somone of witch-craft ( which lead to some perilous death ), etc... so I was creeped out. Thanks for reading! :)