Parent reviews for Secondhand Lions

Secondhand Lions Poster Image

The Lord's name in vain!!!

Very disappointed that the Lords name is taken in vain and the swearing in this movie...wonderful story...swearing is unecessary. I dont watch movies that taje the Lords name in vain, and this isnt mentioned in parents guide

1 person found this helpful.

A nice quiet film about what matters

You need to believe in good things.

a movie for families to watch TOGETHER

I think this is a great tween movie. It gives families things to talk about. The lion was the main focus for our kids and the young boys connection to it. It's a life lesson movie, that teaches that not all families are a mom, dad and kids, and that there's more to a person than what you see on the outside. It had something for all of us to enjoy, and included a range of emotions. We liked it so much we bought it.

Just watched this movie with my 3 kids ages 5 - 8. For a PG movie, I was disappointed by the number of inappropriate words used--c**p, d**n, h**l. The description on the box led me to believe it would be a bit more light hearted. I should have reviewed it first. While it did have some good messages, there were some rather disturbing violent scenes as well. The one at the end where the new boyfriend threatens and punches Walter comes to mind. Most of the action scenes involved violence, but most blood is off screen. Overall, I think the movie is fine for kids 10 and up, but not for the younger set and definitely not for those who are overly sensitive to violence.

A Great Family Movie!

SECONDHAND LIONS is one of my favorite movies for a lot of reasons. It has great acting, a great story, and great messages. And it's devoid of objectionable content. The Caine and Duvall characters say "d**n" and "a*s" a few times, and some scenes can be somewhat intense, but all are without graphic violence. Highly recommended.
not rated for age

Great actors and great movie

I loved this movie. Two wacky old men and a wonderful kid. Such an honest handling of death. Ending was a bit bizarre . . . but amusing.

Humorous and Sweet

There are many lessons to learn from two crotchity old men. And there are even a few lessons for two crotchity old men to learn. This is a sweet movie with a nice view about death and the circle of life. About following one's heart and how one might look at things. While the shooting at the travelling salesmen scene was amusing, it was also a little disturbing.