Parent reviews for See You Yesterday

Teens travel back in time; violence, language.

Adult Written byWainstead June 4, 2019

An thought provoking film

The back drop of this film is time travel, that's right I said back drop because this film is actually about racism and specifically the killing of young African American men. I came to this film from a trailer that was scifi scifi f but what I got was 100x better. I know some will say that they didn't like the ending. But if you agree that this is not about time travel and in fact a very real issue right now, the time travel ending didn't matter because the writer had already stated what he was trying to. Time travel as a vehicle was brilliant. Amazing performances of young actors too. It is violent, and this isn't avengers. The body count is low relative to a action movie but the realism is high. If your kids aren't ready to discuss African American males being killed then this is not the film to watch but if you want that conversation this would be a good way to introduce it.

Adult Written byCodymerie June 23, 2019

Totally different meaning

This movie is more of social commentary, discussing the way black peoples are treated in the United States. I was not expecting that at all. This movie is exactly the type of movie that should be discussed on this site. There are a lot of cussing and adult themes. It is thought provoking and a great jumping off point for a discussion about this topic if you are okay with your children hearing swearing and hearing about sexual topics. I was okay with it because my son has heard those words before in society. I liked the movie, but he thought it was boring and didn’t finish it. I wish he had been more interested and wanted to talk about it, but he was expecting a typical Disney type movie. I think it’s a great choice if your child/children are interested in a variety of social topics and enjoy discussing their opinions and critical thinking

Adult Written byjimkaplanacts June 1, 2019

Depends on your child

I watched this last night with my twelve year old, and there were about thirty f bombs, which doesn’t bother me, but my son hates cursing. We both liked this movie. It had a great plot, but the ending was terrible, and there’s not a sequel coming out. This movie is kinda sad, and violent for younger children if they won’t like seeing a main character get shot over and over again. I think this is an okay movie.

Adult Written byGrandfromage August 10, 2019

Generally disappointing

Too much swearing and sexual inference to recommend for children. The message of the film. Is not uplifting or encouraging.

Adult Written byTamm12276 June 2, 2019

Too many cuss words

This could have been a great family movie without the cuss words. I’m definitely not showing this to my 8 year old nephew. I got excited initially with the Michael J Fox Cameo. I also hated the ending.