Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Serendipity

Frothy romcom has some language, sex.

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bylightandlife November 13, 2009

Charming, Lovely Movie

This is one of my favorite movies to watch over and over again. I love the theme of love and fate. The movie is charming and lovely. The only part which I would warn parents about is the scene with the nude couple in the house, but you don't see any private body parts being shown. I really enjoyed this movie the first time and the many times I've seen it since. Worth watching, for sure!

Adult Written bywonder dove September 15, 2012

An underrated Gem!

Best movie ever! Perfect around the Holidays but great even all-year around. This story is beautifully written. Sarah (Beckinsale) is obsessed with fate, she believes that fate guides us through our life and helps make our right decisions. She meets the lovable Jonathan (Cusack) in New York when the two both have an eye for the last pair of gloves during the Holidays. After spending time together a couple of times, Sarah puts fate to the test to see if Jonathan is right for her. After losing contact with each other for a couple of years and being engaged to other people, they both use fate to find each other once and for all. Lots of fun along the way! Kate's character is refreshing and different! It's both romantic and hilarious, an all around feel good film that you can enjoy over and over. Language is not a concern, no violence. A little smoking, and some very mild sexual content like kissing, a few jokes and one quick brief off-screen sex scene (not bad at all!) HIGHLY recommended for families with kids about 12 and up.

Adult Written bybitesizemoviereview August 6, 2012

Cheesy but endearing, with one awkward sex scene

A cheesy but endearing plot involving love and destiny. There is an awkward sex scene that, frankly, I skipped. It was totally unnecessary to the light romance plot. The acting is good. The music is very sappy and detracts from the movie. I didn't like this movie as much as I'd hoped, but I still recommend it for a girls' movie night, as long as a parent is on hand.