All teen and kid member reviews for Serenity

Teen, 15 years old Written byMedia45 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 29, 2014
A bit clunky! Clunky!!!!!!!! Forget Star Trek! Watch firefly and serenity and prepare to be wowed.
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2013

Director Joss Whedon brings us a fun sci-fi adventure tale with convincing acting

Good movie, really weird though. Has a lot of sci-fi action and decent special effects. My mpaa rating PG-13 for sci-fi violence and frightening/disturbing images.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2013

Sci-fi movie almost as good as show.

This movie is almost as good as the show, but it has quite a bit of blood when fighting the reavers, and a (inexplicit) sex scene at the end. It's probably ok for kids 12 and over though.
Teen, 16 years old Written byst_patrick876 November 16, 2010

Firefly ends on a good note

this movie provides the perfect finale for the series
Teen, 14 years old Written byLord Cheez April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke54 May 25, 2015

best sci-fi movie ever

This is my favourite sci-fi movie I love it. All the answers that were left in the show was answered in this movie. Its style in the show is still in the movie which I like. It has some bits of violent content in it but not to heavy. It has people dealing, not drugs, food for money and it has some scary moments. I love this movie if like sci-fi you should like this.
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2013

AGES 12+ HIGH OCTANE SCI-FI ACTION FLICK IS EPIC!

My rating: RATED PG-13 FOR INTENSE SEQUENCES OF SCI-VIOLENCE, DISTURBING IMAGES, LANGUAGE AND SOME SEXUAL CONTENT. Fun, high-octane sci-fi action flick has violence, scary images. Violence- A man is shot while he is dragged away by Reavers (mercy kill). PG-13 On a hologram, a woman is attacked by Reavers, and she screams. PG-13 A man is stabbed with a sword. PG-13 One sci-fi space battle with lasers. PG/PG-13 A girl holds a small double-bladed axe that briefly drips blood. PG-13 Gun violence. A man is shot abruptly. We later find out that he is okay. PG-13 A skeletal corpse is shown of dead people. PG-13 A Reaver's face is pressed up against glass. His face is mutilated. PG-13/R One intense battle against Reavers, including gunfire, martial arts, and scary images of Reavers. PG-13/R Great fun for family! Off for ages 0-11, pause for 12, and fine for 13+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 July 14, 2010

Smart, funny, and entertaining western-in-space is too creepy for kids

Based on the 2002 show, Firefly, Serenity is basically a thanks-for-waiting present for fanboys who never got to see a second season. The story is fairly similar to the show: the crew of the spaceship Serenity try to sneak past the evil Alliance and the canniballistic Reavers to help two stowaways reach safety. While the strange western-in-space theme may be too odd for some to handle, fanboys will absolutely love it. It's funny, smart, well-written, and delightfully creepy. All the actors turn in memorable performances. The special effects are stunning. I can safely say this is one of the best sci-fi movies I have ever seen (next to Star Wars and Avatar). Unfortunately, kids will not get to share the experience, since this movie contains some jarring scary moments. The Reavers will scare the pants off anyone under the age of ten. And for tweens, there are too many sexual references to ignore. This film is best left for teens and up only. A+.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 November 28, 2009

great movie for 13+

AMAZING!!! KAYLEE IS AWESOME!!! the Reavers are kinda creepy, but otherwise the movie is awesome. the space theme is cool, the effects are good, and the characters and plot rock. Firefly fans, Kaylee and Simon finnaly get together!!! GREAT MOVIE!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Laughable

Kind of cheesy and confusing. Not particularly enjoyable.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycan u dig it? April 9, 2008

Everyone loves River-fu!

This is my new favourite movie. twaz awesome beyond belief. i havent seen firefly (teh series) yet. i plan to, though. it had everything one would want in a movie and, more importantly, it was not at all cliche or predictable. P.S. to bubbo: you are obviously norrow-minded and uninteresting. serenity is not laughable nor cheezy. go stuff yourself. also, i can kill you with my brain.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLtHikaru April 9, 2008

The best, most overlooked film in a long time

I suppose this review is a bit biased, seeing as I'm a fan of the TV show (Firefly) on which "Serenity" is based. But this is a witty and imaginative movie, and the casting (which is the same as the TV show) is fantastic. I wouldn't let a younger kid see it, it's about right for people around 13-14, although there's much less sexual content and swearing than in a lot of other movies that have been rated PG-13. This could have gotten away with a PG had the show been more popular (and had Fox not cancelled it). A very good movie that is definitely out of its element, considering what Hollywood has released in the past few years.