Parent and Kid Reviews on

Seven Days in Utopia Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 7 parent reviews

Sort by:

Find yourself, learn and listen to others.

Movie has a very strong message. Story of a man who was very conflicted about what life has to offer. Great message about learning who we think we are, and finding what life offers. Nice spiritual movie.

Sports psychology 101= life skills

One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Much of the movie will talk to an audience that is hungry for change through forgiveness and humility. A movie that can offer a discussion afterward to what the main character was able to do with pressure from others... self-destruct?, blame others?, or acceptance and recenter? I so appreciated Robert D.'s sageness. We need more mentors in our society! They didn't go too far down the stereotypical romantic connection that it took away from the theme of the movie. And didn't have to offer the sexual scene. Not a movie for everyone, yet I saw my younger self in the main character with past anger and resentment, so it spoke to me and got my son curious to look within a bit.

Very good

Not Accurate Review-Language!

The Main Review says No Language! Within literally 3 minutes, they cussed! Very disappointing considering there was a verse at the beginning!

Amazing

I found this movie on an add when i was watching another movie. I decided to look it up and i rented it. I am really glad i did. Not only was this movie very inspiring, especially to golf fans, but it also has Christian messages in it. I’ll quickly note a couple of the cons this movie does have. The first one is you aren’t really shown the full and complete backstory at the beginning and it will probably take a few minutes to understand what is going on. The second one is that there is a missuse of the word “hell” in the movie once but that is quickly forgotten. I really like what this movie was trying to teach, the fact that life should not be determined by a golf score. As a golfer myself, i will take what i have learned from this movie and not only apply it to golf, but apply to my life as well. I encourage everyone else to do the same. If you haven’t watched this movie and are reading these reviews to see if the movie is good, do it. It comes basically to the same level of inspiration as “facing the giants”.And if you don’t know Jesus, then i really encourage you to watch it and apply it. Jesus may be trying to speak to you through this movie and i hope he does. Just remeber, “see it, feel it, trust it”. See Jesus, feel his presence, trust in him

Positive Message

This movie is beautifully made and acted (Robert Duvall is always wonderful) and is filled with gorgeous Texas Hill Country landscapes. It is an uplifting and positive story of redemption and it's a sports/golf movie. It does have a Christian message, so if that bothers you, it may not be your thing.

Somewhat disappointed.

I was disappointed in the cleavage display of two women in the movie. Otherwise the movie was okay.