Parent reviews for Shaun of the Dead

Shaun of the Dead Poster Image

Sex should be 3 or more

Sexual hints, using fingers to simulate sexual activity

It’s a good movie

Good intro zombie flick

My 12 year olds wanted to watch scary Halloween movies — but not TOO scary — so we landed on Shaun of the Dead. There are a LOT of “f” words. It’s not too suspenseful, they manage to make those moments funny. The only time the kids looked away was when one character had his guts ripped out and limbs torn off (we knew it was coming). When it was over, they said they didn’t find it very funny and said “if that’s a mild zombie movie, I don’t think I could handle a real one.” I consider it a success. If you don’t mind swearing and your kids can handle some gore, it’s a good intro zombie movie. (And a look back at crappy 2000s technology!)

Shaun of the Dead review

This movie is a must watch. It has the perfect balance of horror and comedy. Violence: 4/10 usually comedic, not intense but tons of horror stuff(see blood and gore) Swearing: 7/10 not much, about 30 f words, all said at the end of the movie and one c word at the start of the movie. Sex: 0/10 none at all Horror: 6/10 about as scary as beetlejuice but still tons of gore Blood and gore: 8/10 not much, usually just blood on the side of zombies faces but there are 3 extremely gory scenes. The LEAST BAD of the three involves a group of zombified children eating the organs of an already dead man. The worst one is similar, but this time the death is onscreen and we see his guts being pulled out of him and eaten and then his head pops off just to make it even more explicitly violent. But hey, it's a zombie movie AND it's directed by Edgar Wright. What do you expect? Overall, it's a very good yet very gruesome horror comedy that most certainly deserves its BBFC 15 rating.

Amazing but bloody

A great film for kids 12+ if they can handle blood and cursing then they should love it just like my nephew did

I think it's a good movie to let your kid watch

AMAZING

It was good!

I watched this movie and it was pretty good. The jokes landed and there was some horror elements used. There was lots of gore, and blood. Language was minimal and there wasn’t much violence. If your kid is mature maybe 11+.