Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Shaun of the Dead

Zombie horror-comedy has lots of gore, cursing.

Adult Written bycallofduty5 September 26, 2010

Too gory for kids

I loved this film alltough not good as severance, but still a good gore-filled-zombie-spoof movie definetly your kids will love it! if u got older teens get this movie

Parent of a 6, 8, 11, and 13 year old Written byhomeworktobedonenow April 27, 2009
My 11 year old went to a friend's home and saw this movie. He was upset. He could not sleep, and he was still bothered the next day.

Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

Best Zombie Movie Ever!!!

My 11 year old kept asking to see this after he saw commercials for it on Comedy Central, so one afternoon, we watched the DVD together. The zombie violence doesn't get really bad until the end of the movie, and I did make him turn away when they had to kill Shaun's mom, but the language was no worse than anything he's heard before, and I have no objections to him seeing people smoke and drink, so that wasn't a problem either. Whenever we approach a movie with questionable material, either my husband or I (or both of us) watches the movie WITH him and explains what is going on to put it in context. He enjoyed the movie and it never bothered him, but I think you should REALLY know your child before letting them watch this movie!
Adult Written byJoe100 April 9, 2008

Very Funny but also scary

One of the best horror movies I have seen beacuse it has a lot of excellent humour in it too. Sometimes you'll be laughing your head off, other times you'll be holding your stomach but it is constantly enteratining.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bySweet flower July 13, 2013

13+

I think it is very funny. If there was no language or if it was as quite as gory, I think it would have been a ideal movie for kids. I let my 10 year old watch it and he is mature enough to ignore the swearing used. He found it very amusing. I think mature 13 year old could see the funny side in it.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur August 10, 2012

good old british humor lol

hysterical horror comedy thriller, simon pegg and nick frost are hilarious lol, the first half of shaun of the dead is comedy but when it gets to the middle and they find the first zombie, that's when the movie kicks off into overdrive and that's when people get bitten, eaten, and have their guts torn out, and all the zombies get impaled, have records thrown at them, have the crap beaten out of them, and get shot and run over by cars, and there's also much more humor as well when it hits overdrive
Parent Written byBoymommy October 20, 2015
Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

Consider that...

The movie has lots of gore, smoking, and swearing.

Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMovie L. December 18, 2017
Parent Written bySacko November 9, 2012

Veeeeeeeeery Gory

It is a gory cult ride but defiantly not for kids, you see a person getting his intestines ripped off!
Adult Written bymasterofthemovies April 3, 2011

Adult Written bybenbarbsmommy April 9, 2008
Adult Written bythe$chicken$man April 9, 2008

One of my Favorite zombie movies

I have sen a lot of zombie movies and this one is almost as good as Army of Darkness. A lot of blood and gor and swearing and drinking and thats what makes it good.
Adult Written byalfiej October 11, 2015

Really good film but it's got a lot of sewring not as bad as hot fuzz but Simon Pegg and nick frost

Adult Written bypoopmanwhoeatspoop December 26, 2009

woot

woot

Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Shaun of the Dead

Great movie for romantic/comedy/horror movie lovers. Its hilarious, silly, and discusting at the same time. In my opinion, the perfect ingredients to a movie like this.

Adult Written byGuru August 4, 2009
Parents need to understand that this movie is not trying to be an extreme horror movie, I actually found myself laughing through some of this . Overall this is a great movie for teens+.
Adult Written bymdog April 9, 2008

Okay...

It started off very funny but later it got really sad. Especially when he had to kill his mom. I enjoyed this movie. Not a great movie to have younger kids watching. The goriest part was when one of shauns ex-girlfriends friend gets ripped appart by zombies you see the zombies eating his intestines. Very gruesome. But funny.
Adult Written by[email protected] April 9, 2008

This is an extremely funny but comically violent movie.

Shaun of the dead is definitely very violent but is at the same time the funniest film I've ever seen!!! I wouldn't let a kid under 14 see it though. But even though there is lots of bloody violence it's all done in a funny and comical way. Big recommendation.