All parent member reviews for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Adult Written byparent forum December 20, 2011

Good Teen/Adult film

Lots of violence and drinking, saloons/bar scenes. But good messages of loyalty, good vs. evil and right winning out. Lots of humor. Heavy at times, especially in the beginning. Definitely entertaining for the older teen and adult.
Parent Written bytheblanchedsoldier February 23, 2013

Great the first time I watched it, but kind of drags when you watch it again

I thought this movie was fantastic when I watched it in theaters. It's fast-paced and there is plenty of action. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are hilarious, and hey, Rooney Mara's there, too. Guy Ritchie's film is not canon at all, but you still get a sense of Holmes's intellect. There is some violence which might frighten kids, so that is one thing to be aware of. Otherwise, it's a fun movie and you'll probably enjoy it. Unfortunately, I got the blu-ray for Christmas, and did not enjoy it as much (probably because I watched it thrice beforehand),
Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 14, 2012

better than the first

sherlock holmes 2 is better than the first, it's got more action and more laughs, this and the first Sherlock Holmes are my favorite guy ritchie flicks
Adult Written byjoshua martinez June 24, 2012

14 and up.

this second sequel Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is an awesome action movie stars with Robert Downey Jr from iron man and this movie will surely entertain your teens but parents Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows has a lot of intense violence some mild language used and some drinking and smoking used such as pipe and liquor the message is about loyalty and friendship and the role model is that holmes and watson work together to fight for the good and Watson's wife, Mary, has a bigger role in this film, proving herself equal to the task of crime-fighting.
Adult Written byVirtuous Gamer May 27, 2012

Proper Ratings

Not for an immature teenager. In this generation, adequate maturity in mindset MIGHT come to an adolescent at age 17.
Parent Written byCamisita January 27, 2012

Great for kids 15+ if you talk to them about partial nudity scene-depends on your kid

Parent of a 15 and 18 year old Written byrspar January 20, 2012

Good movie

Better than the first one not that the first one was bad. This one was more engadging (sp?).
Adult Written byeyeview January 17, 2012

Holmes- Awesome movie.

The movie is very enjoyable and quite a bit of fun. Its very fast paced and it's very much like the first. There's a fair bit of blood and violence but it's handled well and isn't over the top. The script is quite clever in parts and if you take the kids any adult jokes will mostly go over their heads. a pretty great movie :)
Parent Written byCrakr January 8, 2012

sweet

Really violent but great for teens and adults
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadow

Better than the first one, unlike the first it wasnt boring, it was fun
Parent Written byploneill December 29, 2011

save your time and money

we left after an hour and a half, little to no story line just a lot of explosions and special effects, worst movie I have seen all year.