Parent reviews for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Master sleuth returns in entertaining but violent adventure.

Adult Written byNolan Willeford October 20, 2019

Amazing

This is one of my favorite movies! KInd of violent but violence is not emphasized or over the top. Very good Special Effects and great story. Honestly it's better than the first one but nothing was bad about the first one this one's just so much better! The Ending is especially great.
Adult Written byIronJustin October 9, 2019

Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows

I know Sherlock Holmes is a mystery man and finding clues and Robert Downey Jr is the best actor to be Sherlock Holmes there was no violence this is PG 13

Adult Written bytheblanchedsoldier February 23, 2013

Great the first time I watched it, but kind of drags when you watch it again

I thought this movie was fantastic when I watched it in theaters. It's fast-paced and there is plenty of action. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are hilarious, and hey, Rooney Mara's there, too. Guy Ritchie's film is not canon at all, but you still get a sense of Holmes's intellect. There is some violence which might frighten kids, so that is one thing to be aware of. Otherwise, it's a fun movie and you'll probably enjoy it. Unfortunately, I got the blu-ray for Christmas, and did not enjoy it as much (probably because I watched it thrice beforehand),

Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 14, 2012

better than the first

this is one of the rare times where a sequel is better than the first, and Sherlock Holmes 2 is indeed better than the first, there's more action, more suspense, more laughs, new characters, and a better villain (moriarty was indeed the perfect match for Sherlock Holmes)
Adult Written byjoshua martinez June 24, 2012

14 and up.

this second sequel Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is an awesome action movie stars with Robert Downey Jr from iron man and this movie will surely entertain your teens but parents Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows has a lot of intense violence some mild language used and some drinking and smoking used such as pipe and liquor the message is about loyalty and friendship and the role model is that holmes and watson work together to fight for the good and Watson's wife, Mary, has a bigger role in this film, proving herself equal to the task of crime-fighting.

Adult Written byVirtuous Gamer May 27, 2012

Proper Ratings

Not for an immature teenager. In this generation, adequate maturity in mindset MIGHT come to an adolescent at age 17.

Adult Written byCamisita January 27, 2012

Great for kids 15+ if you talk to them about partial nudity scene-depends on your kid

Parent of a 15 and 18+-year-old Written byrspar January 20, 2012

Good movie

Better than the first one not that the first one was bad. This one was more engadging (sp?).

Adult Written byeyeview January 17, 2012

Holmes- Awesome movie.

The movie is very enjoyable and quite a bit of fun. Its very fast paced and it's very much like the first.
There's a fair bit of blood and violence but it's handled well and isn't over the top.

The script is quite clever in parts and if you take the kids any adult jokes will mostly go over their heads.

a pretty great movie :)
Adult Written byCrakr January 8, 2012

sweet

Really violent but great for teens and adults

Adult Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadow

Better than the first one, unlike the first it wasnt boring, it was fun

Adult Written byploneill December 29, 2011

save your time and money

we left after an hour and a half, little to no story line just a lot of explosions and special effects, worst movie I have seen all year.
Adult Written byparent forum December 20, 2011

Good Teen/Adult film

Lots of violence and drinking, saloons/bar scenes. But good messages of loyalty, good vs. evil and right winning out. Lots of humor. Heavy at times, especially in the beginning. Definitely entertaining for the older teen and adult.