Parent reviews for Sherlock Jr.

Clever, fun-filled intro to silent movies (with subtitles).

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byReviewQueen September 7, 2011

Sherlock Jr.

This movie is a gem! It saddens me that silent films aren't appreciated like they should be. Buster Keaton does a phenomenal job, without the help of today's cinematic 'magic' Younger children may not enjoy having to read the movie, but the story is enough to enchant anyone.

Educational Value
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bymeandmy2littles November 13, 2014

Silent movie gold!

Buster Newton is just amazing. The dream sequence is this movie is fantastic! Makes me sad that silent movies are largley overlooked these days. Please introduce your children to the wonderful world of silent films!

Parent of an infant and 1 year old Written byMommaOfTwoo November 20, 2012

The Game is On Watson!

Buster Keaton was truly amazing! Sherlock Jr. is one of those phenomenal movies that every person should see. Movies of the silent genre aren't appreciated like they should be anymore. Younger children might not enjoy having to read the movie, but this is truly a classic that should be in every home!

Adult Written byadventuredad January 11, 2013

A Blast from the Past

At first, my 8 and 11 year-olds refused to watch a silent movie, but they came down from their room when they heard me and my wife laughing uproariously at this movie. And the kids wound up laughing a lot, too. They are now big Buster Keaton fans. The film is funny, fast-paced and is still enjoyable today.