Kid reviews for She's the Man

Cute but crass comedy based on Shakespeare play.

Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2011

Favorite Movie!

This is one of my absolute favorite movies of all times! As far as language goes, there is not a lot of it, and it's a really funny movie about soccer, and life. It is definitely appropriate for anyone for 12 and up, and probably appropriate for anyone 11 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 11, 2010

Teens... :)

hahahahha @ this movie!!! fun filled :) LOL!! Amanda Bynes is a wonderful actress!!! love this movie and Channing Tatum's acting as Duke Orsino....!!

Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2010

THE BEST

this movie is AMAZING i recommend it to EVERYONE! it is my fave movie! yaya there is a little cussing and there is nudity but it is hilarious and that totally over powers it
Teen, 14 years old Written byDream BIG May 13, 2013

For the love of Soccer

“Everybody has a secret… Duke wants Olivia who likes Sebastian who is really Viola whose brother is dating Monique so she hates Olivia who’s with Duke to make Sebastian jealous who is really Viola who’s crushing on Duke who thinks she’s a guy.” The primary characters in She’s the Man are Amanda Bynes, Channing Tatum, Laura Ramsey and James Kirk. Amanda Bynes is the main character playing Viola, the one where the attention is on throughout the whole movie. Channing Tatum, the soccer player who teaches Viola to be a better soccer player as Duke Orsino who likes Olivia and later falls in love with Viola. Laura Ramsey plays Olivia Lennox who likes Sebastian and plays Duke to make Sebastian jealous who is really Viola. James Kirk is the real Sebastian and comes home from London and blows Violas cover at a soccer game and the secret is exposed! She’s the man is a romantic comedy that everybody would love! It all started when Cornwall’s girls’ soccer team was cut and Viola wanted to try out for the boys’ soccer team. Well she was rejected because they didn’t have confidence she had what it takes to be on the boys’ soccer team. From there things start getting repelling and Viola just wants to play soccer so she has an idea! The main picture of the whole movie is the affection for soccer. All Viola wanted to do was play soccer and she couldn’t try out for the boys because she was a girl! They didn’t think she was satisfying She’s the man is suitable only for teenagers. Go by the rating of it which was PG-13. It has some explicit scenes such as kissing. It shows some things that shouldn’t be shown but is covered. It has cussing and things that’s shouldn’t be said. I think it shouldn’t be shown to children under 13. I prefer this movie to people who love soccer! Soccer players you have to watch this, it’s great and you would crack up at the things they do during soccer. It’s mixed in with love and soccer! Even if you don’t like or play soccer it would be great to watch! If you need a laugh than watch it. I personally don’t play soccer and I liked it overall! In all honestly, I love this movie! I could watch it every single day and won’t get tired of it! That’s how great this movie is! It’s a great comedy and I love everything about it. I comprehend having Channing Tatum play Duke was a great choice! He fits right into that place. It matched him as being a soccer player. *SPOILER* ***************************************************************************** My favorite part would be when Viola being Sebastian and the whole soccer team go to the carnival. Violas mother think her brother Sebastian is there which is really Viola. Viola has to play as both her brother and herself. It adds a little bit of excitement to the movie! The least favorite part would be where Malcolm and Monique find out that Sebastian isn’t really Sebastian and it’s his twin sister, Viola! If I were to rate the movie it would be a 10 out of 10. I just adore this movie that’s why I rated it as a 10. Everything about the movie is great. The characters that played who was all great. It fits them perfectly. I wouldn’t change anything about this movie. The way it was all put together was great! Give a high five to the director, Andy Fickman and all the others who made it possible to give the world a great movie full of entertainment!

Teen, 13 years old Written byA_Critic_030 May 10, 2013

A_Critic_030

I really, really enjoyed this movie. I watched it with my mom, my aunt, and my 11 year old sister, and they all loved it as well. Viola, while a cute character, is both a positive role model, and a not-so-positive role model. She shows people not to care what others think of you, but she is a growing young lady with no manners, except an occasional "thanks". Duke is a wonderful role model, as well. He is exactly the type of boy that girls look for. He respects women, and, even though he does think "all that stuff" is great (I'm sure you know what I mean when I say "all that stuff"), he still scolds the boys for checking out Olivia's butt, and tells Viola that he likes having a serious talk with girls. Overall, I thought some of the things were unnecessary, but I was nonstop laughing the whole time. It's a great family movie, with kids of the appropriate age, because there are some crude references (i.e. Viola brings tampons and the boys see them, they talk about girls it a way that may be offensive to some people, a boy drops his pants to prove he's a boy [nothing is shown] and a girl lifts her top to prove she's a girl [again, nothing shown.) It is, however, one of my favorite movies of all time.

Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2013

Awesome Movie!

Okay, let me start out with the fact that this comedy was really, really funny. And it wasn't just some random slapstick humor like "Ha-ha! You burped!" Definitely not that. Instead, it had a meaning to it. The main character, Viola, is positive and sporty. She shows a good attitude towards life and shows girls that being active in ways like playing soccer is important. I also liked Channing Tatum in this! :) Now, there was a bit of SLIGHTLY inappropriate stuff. On the soccer field, Viola has to lift up her shirt to show that she's a girl and her brother Sebastian pulls down his pants to prove that he's a boy. Viola that pretends to be her brother always talks about women graphically (e.g. "Which one would you rather see naked?" and stuff like that). Still, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY LET TWEENS AND TEENS SEE THIS AWESOME MOVIE!!!

Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2016

I

Now I watched this when I was seven or eight years old with my less than responsible (at the time) fourteen or fifteen year old aunt. I don't remember much as I have only watched it once but from what I remember it was maybe a RomCom? I remember it being funny and Viola had a crush on the team captain Duke... Well it really depends on how your child was raised and if they're mature enough to watch this but I think anyone ten and up can watch this.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2015

Teen, 17 years old Written bySweetie94152 June 20, 2014

Awesome!

This is one of my favorite movies! I laugh every time I watch it and I think the entire movie is hilarious! This movie is not at all inappropriate, and if you think tampons are inappropriate than you are immature. There is some minor cuss words but nothing too bad and they don't use them often at all. I would not be uncomfortable watching it with my grandma so it is a great movie for anyone 11 and older! Watch it you won't regret it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveitornot July 17, 2013

She's the man

Its my fave movie ill love it it give us a lot about it we can tell its good because it is out a girl who have a boyfriend and not letting her go on the team so she is going to be her brother who goes to London .

Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2011

SHES THE MAN!

AWESOME MOVIE!! one of my favourite movies.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoomoo123 June 19, 2017

Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2016

Love it

Me and my 9 year old sister watched it and both loved it! Has a great message which is girls and boys are equal. Awesome!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAMEN September 18, 2015
Kid, 12 years old February 28, 2018

She's The Man Review

Cute? Yes! Crass? Yes! Amanda Bynes? Yes! A classic older tween/ teen movie, based on a Shakespeare play, She's The Man entertains audiences (preferably tween/teen girls), but has some very crass humour. Viola (Amanda Bynes) is a teenage tomboy desperate to be on the school soccer team, but the boys forbid it. And when Viola's brother, Sebastian (James Kirk), needs to travel to London, Viola steps in for him at his new school, with no idea that though she is dressed as a guy, she was gonna fall in love with Sebastian's roommate, Duke (Channing Tatum), who actually wants the school's popular girl, Olivia (Laura Ramsey). Some scenes are quite innapropriate (e.g a girl showing her boobs to an entire crowd), so you might want to skip those parts, and although there no actual swearing, "crap" and "ass" are mentioned plenty of times. I think you should stick to showing this one to the older ones! I give this movie 4/5 stars, and say it's ok for kids ages 11+.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAVA13AVA September 21, 2018

GREAT except one or two scenes

This movie is The best of Amanda Bynes !I actually when I saw the reviews I thought that this was only OK for teens and tweens but after watching this I thought that it was OK for teens tweens and also kids above 10 . there is one scene of Amanda Bynes which is pretending to be her brother and she carrier tampons so when the other boys saw it they asked why he is carrying tampons with him and there is another scene of a boy who’s nose is bleeding and uses a tampon to stop it from bleeding and he said that it worked great. There are some kissing and A scene of a girl biting the boys ears. Otherwise it’s great to watch with your parents .

Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2018

so good

its pretty good but is a little gross
Teen, 13 years old Written byKit-Kat101 May 8, 2013

Funny Teen Comedy w/ a little Romance added in for measure

I thought this movie was hilarious and I have watched it a million times. I think just because some of the topics they discuss and the kissing, that this should be for ages 11 or up.

Teen, 17 years old Written byilovemedia101 November 11, 2018

LOVE IT

I was on youtube when i found the last scene of this movie. I asked my mom if she had it she said yes. I watched and it was great. However there was some swearing and a tiny amount of sex.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymatpol7 November 3, 2018

Some sexual, not too strong.

Sexual isnt too strong but it is in that movie. Scene under the shower. No nudity.