Kid reviews for Shrek the Halls

Christmas in the swamp is great family fun.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymattaborne April 3, 2018

Shrek the Halls is a Masterpiece

I had an incredible experience viewing the short film titled, "Shrek the Halls". It was a masterpiece that only gods could of created and I praise Dreamworks Productions and Mike Myers for teaming up to create this epic treasure of a movie. If you have never seen this extraordinary culturally based showpiece, I strongly advise, no I demand you to experience this. Thank you for your time and I insist that you enjoy it as much as I did.

Teen, 14 years old Written byshrek_daddy December 2, 2019

Epic, very funny, did laugh

This film was extremely entertaining and I absolutely love the high quality graphics. The entire time I noticed that Shrek would make sexual advances on donkey and I feel like the younger kids may not notice, but I did. At one point santa ate a gingerbread person and I feel like the younger kids shouldnt be exposed to something so violent and sexual so young.
Overall I would rate this movie an 11/10 - it was superb

Teen, 17 years old Written bydanny 7000 December 20, 2015

shrek the halls is not for little kids

i think shrek the halls is amazing but its not for little kids its much tamer than the other shrek stuff but theirs one part where gingys girlfreind gets eaten by santa with that being said shrek the halls is much tamer than the movies and i dont reccomend it for anyone under the age of 10

Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2015

The perfect Shrek themed Christmas movie for the entire family

Perfect for the holidays(both Chirstmas and Thanksgiving).And also some potty humor to go along with the movie(Nose picking and vomiting).But otherwise it's a squeaky clean holiday film for the entire family.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 5, 2014

This is a Great Christmas Shrek Special

I remembered watching a Sesame Street Christmas special and a Bob The Builder Christmas special as a child I loved watching both Specials however Shrek The Halls is the best Christmas special Dreamworks has made I know its Christmas yet however I'm getting the Orange John Cena Pack and WWE 2K15 for Christmas

Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2013

BEST FREAKING TV CHRISTMAS SPECIAL EVER!!!!

That is a very good TV Christmas Special. Very sweet, no language. Just some slapstick cartoon violence. It doesn't bother me.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 4, 2011

Really good with a positive message

I have the DVD of this and it's really good. It has some potty humor, but it still has a positive message about the importance of family and friends and that the true meaning of Christmas is being together with the people you love. Violence: Some cartoonish violence, but nobody gets severly hurt. Consumerism: None in the special itself, but this is based of the Shrek movie series, which already has a ton of merchandise in stores.

Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

good for kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 30, 2011

A holiday with the worlds favorite ogre.

The same iffy-feeling from the films is inserted into this Christmas special, but it's funny and a pleasure to watch. Santa picks his nose instead of just touching it ot go up the chiminy. Fiona and the ogre-babies "play kazoo" in thier sleep by breaking wind. Nothing as bad as some of the movies.

Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

Funniest christmas special ever!

I like it but some scary scenes!

Kid, 8 years old September 26, 2010

no title

best shrek erver

Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2010

it's not for really little kids

hate it

Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 7, 2010

My new tradition

My friend and I watch this every year over the phone. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys Christmas movies.

Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

Funny Christmas special

This is so funny! I came across it on t.v. one night and it made me crack up. There is only a little violence most of it kicking and play fighting, and the gingerbread gets eaten but it's just hilarous. I recommend it for everyone.

Kid, 7 years old May 31, 2010

ok

pg to me for violence

Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2009

a great short mvoie

the mvoie is short yes but at the same time it's awsome!

Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2009

Funny without any Problems. Cute and gives Shrek (and his new family) a Christmas.

I enjoyed Shrek the Halls. My parents did, too. It was really funny while it lasted and I really enjoyed it. It will appeal to 8 and up, but there are no restrictions, unless you are against the "Shrek" franchise.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 October 7, 2009

Fine

This isn't particularly great, but it is non offensive.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydarrenc95 April 9, 2008

Crude and funny Christmas special for the whole family

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): A brief, mild innuendo that will go over kids' heads.
Violence (Pause): Comic violence includes kicking, slapping, a gingerbread woman being eaten, and Shrek being set on fire.
Language (Not an Issue): None.
Social Behavior (Not an Issue): Shrek is initially a bit of a scrooge, and his friends make a mess in his home. But Shrek learns to be hospitable and kind to them, no matter how annoying they may be. Crude humor occurs often.
Commercialism (Not an Issue): Part of the Shrek franchise.
Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None.

Good

I really enjoyed this show. I think it will be one of those shows that are aired every christmas season.