Parent reviews for Shrek the Third

Shrek the Third Poster Image

Nothing this movie says or does is emotional, memorable, or funny. It doesn't have a good villain and it's filled with bodily fluid jokes that is in no way necessary or funny but it is the type of humor a very young kid would enjoy but it does have a few adult references like when Shrek asks how did this happen (he is referring to Fiona being pregnant) and puss in boots (a character from the film) starts explaining the process thought Shrek does stop him by saying I know how it happened before he gets to the dirty part. Overall it's just not a good movie.
2 people found this helpful.
Rated PG

1 person found this helpful.

Not the Best Shrek

Adults might be bored. Our 5 year old girl and 7 year old son barely sat through it. They both enjoyed the original Shrek and somewhat less the 2nd Shrek. As the series goes on the kids are liking it less. So much so that they now have no desire to see Shrek 4. So Shrek 3 probably killed the franchise for us.
1 person found this helpful.

Shrek the Third

It is the worst shrek of all the shreks and should be removed from the shrek canon

Ok for a 6+

Good movie

Be Warned

I Remember seeing this at my school I didn't like the sad themes and Dark I knew it will be a happy film not sad and Scary Parents stay away from this one

The third

Shrek the Third is a good movie but not as good as the first two. The positive message in this movie is really about being a father to someone. As Shrek is preparing to be a father and Artie's father abandon him they both realize that they need each other. Shrek acts as the father to Artie and Artie realizes that Shrek does care for him as Shrek does put his life on the line for Artie. There is more violence in this movie than the last one and the final battle is a bit intense with a main character dying. There is again the bar setting with people drinking. Also, while looking for Artie at his school Shrek and his friends pass a carriage where a person exits and is obviously high on drugs. The sexual content is pretty much the same as the first two. If you like the first two than you will probably like this one as well. Thanks for reading.