All parent member reviews for Shrek the Third

Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Shrek the Third

Sexual Content (Pause): Shrek and Fiona sleep in the same bed, and it's implied that Shrek is naked. "The talk" is interrupted. A character states that another character makes her "hotter than July". Violence (Pause): A battle scene features fist-fighting and weapons. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Characters learn to be tolerant of one another. Strong female characters, though they are helpless and selfish at first. Commercialism (Not an Issue): Fake commercialism for fast food and other products. Shrek is a huge marketing empire. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Pause): Characters drink fuzzy navels. References to mojitos and marijuana.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 9, 2010

Even at 6+, I don't want my kiddos to watch a "kid" movie that has inappropriate words. Should be kept out of school-aged movies or rated PG-13 at least.
Adult Written by413804 January 28, 2012

Kind of Bland

The third shrek film didn't do much for me. Not many laughs, good moments, or memorable scenes. If you love the first two, don't bother seeing this one.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 16, 2010

Adult Written bypet_lover April 9, 2008

Adult Written bystephshea April 9, 2008

its hilarius

my children loved it and it gave them a good message
Adult Written byheddnslp April 9, 2008

Adult Written bym0nde April 9, 2008

The Shrek series keeps getting better!

Take your kids to see this movie. Every age group, from youngsters to adults will find something to keep them rolling in their seats. The plot and visual style offer something for everyone.
Adult Written byiamzalicus April 9, 2008

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

not as funny as the other two
Adult Written bysteff007 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byWill loves movies June 3, 2013

The third

Shrek the Third is a good movie but not as good as the first two. The positive message in this movie is really about being a father to someone. As Shrek is preparing to be a father and Artie's father abandon him they both realize that they need each other. Shrek acts as the father to Artie and Artie realizes that Shrek does care for him as Shrek does put his life on the line for Artie. There is more violence in this movie than the last one and the final battle is a bit intense with a main character dying. There is again the bar setting with people drinking. Also, while looking for Artie at his school Shrek and his friends pass a carriage where a person exits and is obviously high on drugs. The sexual content is pretty much the same as the first two. If you like the first two than you will probably like this one as well. Thanks for reading.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 3, 2009

an ok movie

an ok movie but some parts are boring.
Adult Written bydryash86 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bynazmom April 9, 2008

Adult Written byshrek April 9, 2008

Adult Written byJjSmihal April 9, 2008

I prayed for the end to come

The frog was lucky. He died before he had to suffer through this movie. Not much was said to Fiona about the death of her father. Shrek took off right after the funeral. The kids at the school were very obnoxious. (That bothers me a lot. Kids are never generalized as a nice bunch anymore! I could go on and on about that!) The best part about the movie was Fiona and the princesses standing up for themselves, and that was a fairly minor part of the movie. Nothing really memorable happened in the movie to make me desire a DVD.
Adult Written byJAAD April 9, 2008

OKEY MOVIE TO WATCH WITH YOUR KIDS

I THINK THIS MOVIE WOULD HAVE BEEN ONE OF THE MOST ENJOYABLE MOVIES IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR THE VIOLENCE AND ALCOHOL IN IT.
Adult Written bycaptbryant April 9, 2008