Parent reviews for Shrek

Shrek Poster Image

memey and even if you discard the memes it is still a good movie. Mild action, Donkey, basis of most memes, and some messages you might be able to use in life. (ogres have layers,onions have layers)

1 person found this helpful.

Our family’s favorite movie

Our family’s favorite movie. We’ve watched it over five times, and it never gets old. A little violence, but we introduced it when our youngest was about 5 1/2 or 6, so he was ok with it. Well made, well designed, great music. What an adventure story!

The 78 Story Treehouse

Comedic...

Some humor is slipped in for adults, but it is likely to go over the kids' heads. Children may repeat some of the crude jokes without really getting them. Overall, a safe family pick. The "violent" scenes aren't particularly violent.

One of the best films of the 2010s!

Excellent film! It came out the year I was born. I love how the idea was thought up to make a movie combining many fairytale characters and making a story out of all of them together! It is cute and I have never seen a film like it before! In my opinion, it is one of Dreamworks’ best films of all time. The movie also has a great soundtrack. It can’t top the sequel, but it is better than the third and fourth movies. A positive message presented in the movie is showing what true love is all about, and Shrek would probably serve as a positive role model because although he gives a hostile and misanthropic introduction, he is willing to do whatever it takes for him to get his swamp back. He is also a good person at heart. I will say, though, that despite the fact that it is an outstanding work of art, it does have some edgy humor and language, and it definitely deserves the PG rating, but I think it is okay for kids who are 6 or 7 years old at the youngest if they watch with a parent. This film will never be forgotten, and it is truly one of the best films of the 2010s!

MUST SEE AMAZING FOR ALL

This movie is the definition of perfection. It has the spectacular animation and hilarious characters for kids but also has the inappropriate language and jokes for the adults that the kids won't understand. MUST SEE Shrek is a god

Not the best movie, also scared some kids

My 3 year old and my 8 year old (both sons) and my 12 year old (daughter) were terrified. True it didn’t show any scary fights or other things. My daughter was fine but she found disturbing memes. My sons found that the scene where shrek hits somebody with a sword while knighting them gave my kids nightmares. I recommend just depends on what the parent thinks. I would say watch it with your kids the first few times. Also not for young kids because they will have nightmares.

this has got to be one of my favorite movies its just really amazing with great storylines