All teen and kid member reviews for Shrek

Kid, 6 years old May 26, 2010

Better than I thought as giving a good role model

I really was surprised and glad to see this movie showed kids it's always okay to be the who you are and to never feel like you have to change for anyone. I was always surprised I was not bored I really enjoyed the whole movie, thanks Shrek.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2010
This is a cool movie. It does have some potty humor. This is a funny movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Great movie. Even my little four year old brother liked it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 13, 2013

Gross-out humor with marvelous fairy tale mix. BIG FAMILY FUN!

Shrek, along with Toy Story, is one of the best Kid and Family films of all time. The CGI and voice acting etc etc, are very good. The character's are funny and the premise is fun. There's some mild potty humor since ogres are known for their gross antics, but it's appropriate for its intended audience. Shrek, along with Toy Story, used to have the most product tie ins and commercials so that would count as consumerism. All-in-all, Shrek is spectacular and the sequels are good too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 January 31, 2011

A New Kind of Fairytale

This was a different take on fairytales. This is a very good movie, but I could have done without the crude humor. Donkey is hilarious, and the storyline is fresh and engaging. The movie has good messages about address yourself for who you are no matter what. It has some language (a*s, but it's used to agrees Donkey) and spme scenes of violence/peril. The dragon isn't too scary, but it may scare kids. As I mentioned before, there's some crude humor (like how bad the ogress smell) but I actually didn't get the innuendo, but I did watch it when I was younger.
Teen, 13 years old Written by20nsunley November 24, 2015

Name Jokes

Say Farqquad fast and listen It sounds like *******
Teen, 15 years old Written byTylerR 1 February 19, 2015

Very, very amazing!

This is one of my favorite movies. It is also a great part of my childhood. It's funny, and as an older kid now... I get a lot of the jokes I didn't when I was younger!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 5, 2014

Shrek is the best animated movie in the world

Shrek is awesome his lines are funny and his movie is amazing, The songs are cool, The animation is great, The characters are awesome and Mike Myers Scottish accent is Fantastic the rest of the acting is amazing, This movie is a classic, Donkey is funny and I wish Dreamworks would make more Shrek movies
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 22, 2012

Only Well Thought Out Shrek Movie

great movie, great and funny characters and gets great humor, all the other Shrek movies are just the same kind of Fairytale Nonsense.
Kid, 7 years old May 31, 2010

e.g. Perfect for 7 and up

language funny
Teen, 16 years old Written bydanny 7000 August 4, 2015

shrek is not for little kids

I think shrek is a awesome movie but its not a movie for little kids it has lots of adult humor like shrek sees lord farquads castle and says do you think hes compensating for something and lord farquads seen in his bedroom naked in bed looking at the princesses picture and if look at the covers he has a boner and theirs some mild swearing like danm with that being said i think shrek is aimed at adults and i don't recommend it for anyone under the age of 13
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2011

Not for little kids

Great movie! I did not like how violent it was or the potty humor they used. They were mostly swears like "butt", "crap", "a-s", "d--m" and "stupid". The beginning scared me when Shrek roared at all the hunters away. Which is why it is not for little kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak May 30, 2010

Funny Family Film !

(Shrek) is a funny family film that involves some gross, but funny parts. This IS an animated film,but this animated film does include some suggestive humor younger children(ages 5 - 7)won't understand and mild language including some brief insulting and brief mild cursing.(Even though I had some issue for younger kids about this movie) I give this funny animated fairytale an ON for ages 7 - 8 + and an A -. This is one funny animated family you and your family DO NOT want to miss on DVD today.
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2015

Good Movie

This is fine the only thing that people would find disturbing is the fact the Shrek and Fiona eat and do disgusting stuff and the word crap is used once
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikehotdogs July 2, 2015

Good Movie

Has a lot of cursing but its great
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

NOT as good as #4

Some scary parts. Shrek is a little scary and gross. Boys should see at around 5-years-old and girls at 6-years-old.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVikachue June 29, 2015

Too Much Sex

I cannot say that this movie is soo good. There are a lot of icky stuff like eating cooked rats, eating worms, turning frogs and snakes into balloons. That stuff is just wrong. I mean, I know that this is a kids movie, so including that is just not right. Kids shouldn't be exposed to stuff so cruel. Also talking about violence, one of the worst parts is how the Ogre Shrek talks to the donkey. It's sad because the donkey is my favorite character. There are so much refferences to sex here. When they talk about a "complication of the Lord", and how the donkey says that "not only his height is small, also he has a small..."and Shrek cuts him off, both reffering to the Lord having a small penis. Then, the donkey tells the Dragon, "I am not ready for physical contact" and how the Lord wants Fiona to passionately kiss him. I don't think this is a good movie for kids. This is only my opinion, and I do not want to hurt anyone with this opinion. No sad faces!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Didn't liked it

It's just unfunny for me. But I guess it's okay for families to watch together.
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2015

Hilarious movie but it isn't for young kids

This movie contains some language(the a word,the d word,and cr-p).As well as peril(a scary fire breathing dragon and ogre hunters).But otherwise it's a fun movie for the whole family with good music.
Kid, 9 years old June 9, 2011

Shrek

Ogre Is The Man!I Love Shrek.Its One Of The Best Dreamworks Ever.But They Are Some Nasty Scenes That Will Literelly Make Toddlers Nautious.So Other Than That Shrek Is An Amazing Movie!