All parent member reviews for Sicko

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byAmerican Expat July 23, 2009

Perfect for Teens and Must Watch

I have recently watched the movie and have also recently immigrated to an EU country with Socialized medicine -> despite what reviewer "knowspin" says the facts do add up. Do a google search on this movie and you will find the facts are all true and Mr. Moore could have even exposed more horrific facts along the way. Movie should be considered factual and not politically motivated to be in support of Liberalism or Conservatism. Actually, after living away from the U.S. the American political spectrum seems more like Vanilla and Vanilla Bean...can you taste the difference? Hats off to Mr. Moore for this movie which should be considered humanitarian.
Adult Written bygoodmom April 9, 2008

My favorite movie in years

I loved this movie. I saw it with my teenager. The message was so inspiring, and noble and spiritual, I can't wait to take my younger kids to see it, too. I did not see it as depressing. I saw it as positive and upbeat. We have an opportunity to evolve as a nation to be caring, loving, responsible and noble by addressing very real concerns about health care industry. I loved the ending. Michael Moore really brought home the idea that in a country this great, we can do anything, and now is the time. I can't wait to see this movie again, this time with my children. God Bless You, Michael Moore!
Adult Written byknowspin April 9, 2008

The truth would help...

Any way you slice it, on further rewiew the facts don't back up the garbage this sicko is pedaling. Once you understand his agenda and that he is not 100% honest, you might as well go watch cartoons.
Parent of a 18 year old Written bycolone November 16, 2012

Sad and depressing!

I thought this movie is sad for both the elderly and children.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byJesusrulz666 July 28, 2010

This is a lie!

This is a opinion based, fake fact based piece of crap. This will teach your kids to become Communists. You will never see your personal doctor again because his ideas have been into the mind of Barack Hussein. Horrible, liar film.
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written byteamworkfun September 14, 2009

Seriously....

This is just making Socialized Medicine look good, when in truth it's evil.
Adult Written bybillysantos April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I loved this movie! I will see it again very soon.

I can't remember the last time I was so moved by a movie. It was funny at times--very sad other times. I'm bringing my 12 year old next time I see it. To enjoy this movie, there are two prerequisites--you have to be capable of compassion and empathy.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bymoondoggie April 9, 2008

Finally! Someone Cares!~~~

Michael Moore has outdone himself..."Sicko" should be seen by every American (and children 12 and over). This movie should have been made 10 or more years ago! As an R.N. with a masters degree and 17 years experience, I can assure you that "Sicko" is NOT "over-the-top"! It is right on the money...(emphasis on money!). Sadly, healthcare is now bad business. Patients, nurses, doctors and staff pale in comparison to the almighty dollar. There is a reason for our massive and growing nursing shortage crisis...America is also losing her best physicians (insurance costs, etc). The professionals who truly CARE seem to go first. They see the hypocrisy before others do... Our National HealthCare Plan today is, "Don't Get Sick!". And we lag behind 34 (not so great/wealthy) nations, in the quality of our Health Care System. Unfortunately, it's true that "the well-off live, the poor die" in every city of our beloved Country. My beautiful mother died at the age of 57.....She had worked in Northern Virginia and D.C. for all of her life, and knew everyone from Senators, to Redskins (Joe Theismann, Sonny Jergenson) to Elizabeth Taylor. Unfortunately, she lost her health insurance (which seems to be the norm now), and suddenly became very ill in eastern N.C. I can assure you that my mother's death certificate after less than one week at the aptly-named "Pitt Memorial", truthfully should have stated, "CAUSE OF DEATH: LACK OF INSURANCE!!!"
Adult Written byholick April 9, 2008

Don't waste your money

Just a bad bad movie. Such a waste of money and time. Michael Moore is not a talented person.
Adult Written bycinemanyc April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCharliePATpk April 9, 2008

The title says it all

I happened to see the movie when it was available online, something Mr. Moore once advocated but later rescinded. Regardless, the movie is well made, if politically skewed. Mr. Moore is entitled to make his movie, but to suggest that his view is the only view is narrow-minded. To present the view that a nation with the greatest health-care system in the world is completely flawed because that system is not without its bugs is foolhearty. Watch it and see for yourself; but then consider the fact that many Canadians, Britons and others travel to the US for their surgeries. Since their nations are held up as examples of how the US could do better, one has to wonder what we're doing so wrong.
Adult Written bymainefiddler April 9, 2008

Michael Moore's Best Yet

While the subject is disturbing and distressing, Moore manages to bring humor and levity to the subject. Most importantly, one leaves the theatre inspired to DO something to address the deplorable problem of the uninsured in this country.
Adult Written byNikki_Inc April 9, 2008

a must see for those who want a better america

i'm a michael moore fan and this movie does not disappoint. it is a must see for families who want thier children to grow up to share thier voice in America and to work for social change. i appreciate that Moore shares what the critics say about him--i think this reminds us to be brave in the face of criticism and to continue to do right by people--this is something kids should be seeing.