Kid reviews for Silver Linings Playbook

Offbeat dramedy mixes light and dark; some intense moments.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan February 4, 2015

Silver Linings Playbook movie review

"Silver Linings Playbook" is a great film about relationships. I love the balance between comedy and the dramatic moments. Bradley Cooper was fantastic as Patrick Jr. He showed a lot of great emotions throughout the course of the film. As the movie progresses, I see his character mature. I see him learning how to go on in life. Jennifer Lawrence was very good. She gave the best performance of her entire career in "Silver Linings Playbook". Lawrence showed a side of emotional maturity and stability throughout the course of this film. But of course, Robert De Niro was the best part of the entire movie. I loved his character so much. His performance was so great. It's finally great to see Chris Tucker in a good movie. The movie has so many great messages about how to handle relationships. It also has great messages about how to cope with mental illness and finding emotional relief. I absolutely loved this movie and highly recommend to everyone who is mature. There is no absolutely inappropriate content, but the "Silver Linings Playbook" is a very mature-themed film. No romantic comedy has ever made me feel this emotional and happy at the same. I forgot that I was watching a movie when watching "Silver Linings Playbook" because it felt so real. That is the sign of a terrific screenplay.

Teen, 15 years old Written byKoolio122 March 25, 2020

totally recommend this

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN. i think everyone needs to see it at least once. i love the way the highlight mental illness in a real way and don’t sugar coat it. I think many people can benefit from watching it. there are some crude comments, language, and jokes that are inappropriate. I think anyone under 11 or 12 should watch it with their parents.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylindengrace May 1, 2019
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2019

I would watch it again!

I love Jenifer Lawrence, so I decided to give it a try. I really enjoyed it, although near the beginning their is a shower scene and intense yelling, fighting and cussing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmilia Fernandez November 14, 2018

Good movie!

I saw this movie two days ago and I actually loved it! The sex (2/5) is not a lot but not so suitable for tweens or younger: Only tree kiss scenes. Tiffany mentions and reveals that she had a job but was fired for having sex with all the other workmates. Pat has a flashback (shown) where he catches his ex-wife Nikki making out with another man; there are only one or three quick shots of bare tits and one shot of bare butt. The violence is eh (1/5): An angry Pat beats a man (the one who made out with Nikki in the shower) to an inch of his life and attempts a fight his dad after the flashback ends. But the movie does has messages about love one of them teaches that you don’t have to make someone love you they have to love you back and that person is usually the ones who know you well or have something in common with you you’ll never know who it will be.

Teen, 17 years old Written byZachStearns November 9, 2018

Review from a person with bipolar disorder

I have had to deal with bipolar disorder since I was eight or nine. I had no idea what this movie was going to be about going into it. I was amazed by how realistic the portrayal of bipolar was. While I am not as effected by it as Pat is, but I was surprised to hear that he quit taking the same three medications I was on. The choreography for the dance sequences is nearly perfect. Jennifer Lawrence is definitely one of the highlights of this film. This is a great film for anyone needing a romance film.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKathryn867 January 13, 2018

Fantastic

Easily one of the best movies I've ever seenl things get serious and the topics are mature, but it's something most teenagers can handle. Even though the movie is somewhat dark and twisted, it shows the way that life is sometimes unpredictable and dissapointing, and ends on a really positive note.

Teen, 14 years old Written byStarman467 August 20, 2017

Everyone needs to see this

This is possibly the most beautifully real movie ever made. Silver linings playbook is easily my favourite movie of all time. As a person who suffers from multiple mental disorders, this movie gave me a lot of hope. Now go watch it:).

Teen, 14 years old Written byBigDreamer48 August 3, 2017

Great movie with struggling characters.

This movie is about a young man with Bipolar who has trouble with anger issues. He meets a young widow with depression who also struggles with her illness. There is no bloody violence, but there is a big fight during a football game, and a scene where a man is almost beaten to death for cheating on the main character with his wife. There is also a lot of intense arguing, and the main character shoves his mother, and hits his father who hits him back. In the shower scene which is in flashbacks, a bare bottom is shown, and sex is mentioned and implied during several occasions. There is also a lot of language consistently used throughout the film. There is drinking in a few scenes, but nothing gets much past that. Overall, this film is well-made with excellent acting, and shows that even flawed people can be happy. It also shows that people with mental illnesses can learn to control them selves at a more affective level.

Teen, 17 years old Written byEllie-Donovan15 July 17, 2016

Great

it's a funny movie but if you actually think about the whole plot, it's quite dark. I'd recommend parents watching first then if you think it's ok let your kids watch it. It is an outstanding film and you won't be bored. HOWEVER there is frequent uses of f**k and s**t and some sexual scenes

Teen, 15 years old Written bymro15 March 18, 2016

amazing movie

not much to say here other than this is an amazing, inspirational movie! good for mature 14+

Teen, 13 years old Written byciara100generous June 3, 2015

Teen, 14 years old Written byTuittifruity March 30, 2015

AMAZING

I think this movie is one of my favorite movies ever (It comes 2nd after The Hunger Games) and of course the cast was perfect for their roles that they got and I absolutely LOVE AND ADORE Jennifer Lawrence she is the most PERFECT and AMAZING and HILARIOUS human being ever. I've even watched this 4 times before and I would totally recommend it for ages 14+ because yes there is quite a bit of swearing in it but it didn't bother me at all.

Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2014

Great

Great movie but has a lot of language and sex
bit of violence to

Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2014

The Silver Linings Playbook is Great!

The only things that are iffy about this movie is the swearing, and mature themes. If your child is mature, and knows not to swear, let them watch it

Teen, 16 years old Written byjb321678 September 21, 2014

A genuinely different but wonderful drama.

The moment Silver Linings Playbook starts, it makes it clear that it is no ordinary film. Silver Linings Playbook treads on thin ice. It has great potential to be a complete disaster. However, with a great screenplay, smooth directing, and some exceptional performances, Silver Linings Playbook delivers. The film does not take its time to let the viewer know about the touchy subjects it handles. The story resolves around a man in his mid thirties named Patrick (Bradley Cooper). The film starts off with Patrick being released from a mental hospital because of his bipolar disorder. 8 months after a unfortunate incident with his wife, Patrick is determined to win his wife's love back. However when he returns home to his parents, he realizes that it won't be that simple. Then Patrick meets Tiffany, (Jennifer Lawrence) a young widow with just as many issues as Patrick. The two eventually develop a friendship and bond that helps the both of them cope with their problems. For the most part, Silver Linings Playbook delivers a hopeful and enduring story that develops as the film progresses. It feels hopeful just as it does depressing. Because of David O' Russell's excellent directing and screenplay, this formula works very well. The film gives the audience a reason to root for the leads but it isn't shy to show just how screwed up they are in the process. It really is a great reflection of just how crazy life can be. The chemistry between Cooper and Lawrence is simply outstanding and this film proves that they both have exceptional acting talent. Because of the subject matter, Silver Linings Playbook is a fairly mature film. There is strong language throughout and some pretty intense sexual references. However, I never felt the film has it there just because. I feel that the maturity of the film adds to the realism of the plot. It deals with some mature subjects, but for the most part it feels justified. Overall, Silver Linings Playbook is a great film that handles some mature themes. For older teens and up, I feel that Silver Linings Playbook can be beneficial entertainment.

Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2014

The best movie of all time.

Silver linings playbook is the story of Pat (Bradley Cooper) who when gets out of a mental institute is determined to get his life back in shape when he meets tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence) a widow with many problems of her own. This great movie mixes dark and light scenes. I watched this movie at 11 years old and was perfectly fine. Silver linings playbook is definitely my favorite movie of all time. And is great for people 13 and older.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLily Eleanor May 27, 2014

Great feel good film- walked away with a smile on my face.

This is a great film which in my opinion should definitely be viewed purely because I liked it so much. It has minor sexuality, swearing and (maybe) violence however if you are a mature 12 year old you should be able to handle this. Generally a nice storyline with great acting!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetheart May 20, 2014

Silver Linings Playbook

Silver Linings Playbook is a heartfelt movie about two mentally ill people fighting the world and falling in love and giving us a perfect dramedy. It does contain quite frequent swearing most commonly f*ck and sh*t plus sexual references and violence- a scene where Pat (Bradley Cooper) is beating up his parents because of anger issues. This a great movie that gives a important message about the meaning of family and to try your hardest at everything you do.

Teen, 15 years old Written byone direction March 23, 2014

Awsome movie

I really liked Jennifer Lawrence's performance.There is some sexual content, language and brief nudity when the couple is in the shower but I think it's appropriate for 15 year olds and it's nothing a 15 year old can't handle