Parent reviews for Sing 2

Sing 2 Poster Image

Sexually suggestive lyrics

The story is pretty shallow and there's some threatening characters, as other reviewers have mentioned. My biggest objection to this movie, though, is most of the songs covered have sexually suggestive lyrics ("In the middle of the night, in my dreams, you should see the things we do, baby," one song called "Sex by the Ocean" was rewritten as "Cake by the Ocean," etc 🙄). My daughter loves listening to movie soundtracks, so... I will be hiding this from netflix soon.

Another Stressful movie with a sadistic Villain

The good parts are good but almost cancelled out by the bad. As much as I love he actor Bobby cannavale, this nasty character is over the top for a kids movie. I wish I could delete all the gratuitous bad guy adversity . Hollywood seems to think they need to include sadistic bad guys and verbal abuse to make a movie exciting, the truth is that kids get enough stress at home and school. They experience bullying already, it’s not fun, it’s not entertaining, kids don’t want or need to be seeing sadism to understand concepts of overcoming adversity... and you can create compelling story without this narrative device that inflicts needless stress on the viewer. Hey Writers! Hey producers! if you need a sadistic villain to move your story forward then you are LAZY. Kids deserve better

Movie songs

Just one thing to be aware of in the soundtrack. My daughter (6) is obsessed with music and loves to play songs over and over again to learn the lyrics. Most of the songs are catchy and classic. And then there's Cake By The Ocean. Fortunately for me she didn't latch on to that one...yet, but that's a one-off for us, as typically she immediately asks for the soundtracks to be added to her parent-approved playlist. But it's tricky to avoid because it's a mainstream song, one that I'm not super enthused about my little belting out from atop her playset on a Saturday afternoon. (A couple things I will concede in the movie's defense, the song isn't played in its entirety, it is played by a group whose audition gets cut, and there are a couple other somewhat mature songs - "My Name Is" and several others - that get cut after a few bars. This one, however, has a flashier presentation and more screen time than the others, enough so to call attention to itself).

Better for older kids

My family loved this movie - even the grumpy 17 year old! Loved the music, story and humour. There is one character that is like a gangster that could be frightening for younger kids, definitely a movie for older kids. Better than the first installment.

Loved it

Our entire family loved this movie so much.

1 person found this helpful.

Great music, recognizable voice actors, and cute movie.

It's better than the first movie. The dance teacher was hilarious and my kids laughed so hard, they cried! Some cheesy parts.