Parent and Kid Reviews on

Sing 2 Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 49 parent reviews

Sort by:

Too dark for my kids - it upset them

It was very musical and often fun, and yet there were dark/negative themes throughout. For example, there was a very intense mean spirited wolf who attempted murder on the main character. He was very scary to my 6 year old son. Some Characters had very negative and they didn’t feel good to watch. Many times my son said he didn’t like this movie and was upset by it. We go for movies that are inspiring and loving and make us feel great. This one was not at all that kind of movie.

5 people found this helpful.

Loved it

Our entire family loved this movie so much.

4 people found this helpful.

2 people found this helpful.

Great music, recognizable voice actors, and cute movie.

2 people found this helpful.

It's better than the first movie. The dance teacher was hilarious and my kids laughed so hard, they cried! Some cheesy parts.

Loved it!

Loved it even more than the original. Great family movie for the middle-school crowd. Our boys, ages 8 & 11 both really enjoyed it. Felt like we took a road trip. Constant songs throughout, excellent song selections. Wonderful production. Will be buying!

Movie songs

Just one thing to be aware of in the soundtrack. My daughter (6) is obsessed with music and loves to play songs over and over again to learn the lyrics. Most of the songs are catchy and classic. And then there's Cake By The Ocean. Fortunately for me she didn't latch on to that one...yet, but that's a one-off for us, as typically she immediately asks for the soundtracks to be added to her parent-approved playlist. But it's tricky to avoid because it's a mainstream song, one that I'm not super enthused about my little belting out from atop her playset on a Saturday afternoon. (A couple things I will concede in the movie's defense, the song isn't played in its entirety, it is played by a group whose audition gets cut, and there are a couple other somewhat mature songs - "My Name Is" and several others - that get cut after a few bars. This one, however, has a flashier presentation and more screen time than the others, enough so to call attention to itself).

Very fun to watch

The music selection and visuals are amazing!! It’s very fun and has great action scenes, good for kids, with amazing animation.

Awesome

Great sequel better than first one