What parents need to know
Parents need to know that Sing 2 is the sequel to 2016's hit animated musical comedy Sing. Matthew McConaughey reprises his role as the voice of Buster Moon, the down-and-out koala theater director who, this time around, tries to stage a show at the glamorous Crystal Theater. Many of the original cast members also return -- including Reese Witherspoon, Nick Kroll, Scarlett Johansson, Tori Kelly, Taron Egerton, and Seth MacFarlane. They're joined by Bono, Pharrell Williams, Halsey, Eric Andre, Bobby Cannavale, and Chelsea Perretti. Like Sing, this sequel is likely to have a bit of salty language and rude humor, as well as lots of fabulous sing-along numbers.
- In theaters: December 22, 2021
- Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Scarlett Johansson, Reese Witherspoon, Taron Egerton
- Director: Garth Jennings
- Studio: Universal Pictures
- Genre: Family and Kids
- Topics: Music and Sing-Along
- MPAA rating: PG
- MPAA explanation: some rude material and mild peril/violence
- Last updated: September 27, 2021
For kids who love animated musicals
Our editors recommend
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.