Parent reviews for Singin' in the Rain

Often considered the finest musical of all time.

Adult Written bywhateverfloats September 14, 2009

Parent of a 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 year old Written bymcghee family February 11, 2010

a family singin in the rain

it's one of my faves.we love the music,dancing,and the comedy

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byelainec1 January 13, 2016

Great singing, dancing and story but forward a racy scene

We were all enchanted watching this together! Gene Kelly makes dancing look effortless and the innocence of "Singing in the Rain" number can bring tears to your eyes. But I was surprised at the Cyd Cherice number, with her in heels, skimpy dress, smoking a cigarette, and coming on to Gene strongly in a very sexy number. It seemed a complete departure from the clean-cut rest of the movie and I suppose parents can skip over that number with their young kids if they want to avoid any exposure to that. It's when he's dancing in a bar area and comes across a sexy leg up in the air with green heels. Just forward through that number and the rest of the movie is perfection. My 9 year old son said, "Whoa" and I wish he hadn't seen that. I also wish my 7 year old daughter doesn't start dancing like Cyd! We don't allow exposure to sexy music videos and this felt like one. Best for the older set. Other than that, "Make them Laugh", "Good Morning" and "Moses Supposes" are completely entertaining! My daughter loved learning about silent movies and the beginning of "Talkies"--a bit of movie history! Hope this helps.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byBKF March 22, 2010

My preschoolers love this one!

My kids are 2 1/2 and 5 and have seen almost no tv or movies but i let them watch this and they just love it. The few iffy moments are the stunts at the beginning (where "Don Lockwood" looks like he's getting killed in various stunts) and which we describe to our 2 1/2-year-old as "pretend" and the "dumb blonde" role. The former is a bit of a problem but, honestly, the portrayal is so stereotyped that I don't think my kids even take it seriously -- it's just not what they see anywhere else.
Adult Written byjillianlovescats October 31, 2010

This is movie is for Pre-Teens and Adults!

Singin' in the Rain is awesome to watch over and over again! I just loved it!

Privacy & Safety
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written bykvirgin April 9, 2008

this one's fine for toddlers

the music numbers are great, a little kids love them. my son loved this movie at age 3. the dialogue is inane, but it doesn't really matter. the costumes and dance routines are what make the film fun.
Adult Written bybuckarez April 9, 2008

A glorious feeling...

It's rare to find great, wholesome, innocent movies everyone can enjoy. This is a great film which can pretty much be seen by anyone. The songs are catchy and fun and the dancing routines are beautiful. Have fun!
Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written byDeniseArts December 4, 2016

Wonderful.

Our kids laughed and sang along and loved the whole evening. Gentle, charming, nothing offensive - with a big heart and soul to it. Another great movie my kids want to watch again.

Parent Written byEric N. September 3, 2016

One of our family favorites

We first showed our kids this movie when they were 2, 4, and 5. Our youngest didn't sit through the entire thing, but the 4- and 5-year old loved it and we've continued watching it about once every 12-18 months as our kids have gotten older. There's a reason why this movie gets the great reviews!

Adult Written bycbaa9533 August 22, 2015

It is very amazing

I think this is a great movie. Super funny and lots of cool songs. There also is a really cool fact I learned from my mom. The actress who plays Cathy (Debbie Reynolds) is the Mom of Carrie Fisher, who plays Princess Leia Star Wars.

Adult Written bynduns April 22, 2010

Truly the best Hollywood musical of all time

It could also be the best "putting on a show" movie ever made. I mean, wow, it's incredible that all of this was done in one take! Gene Kelly truly was the king of broadway dance and this proves it. I'd recommend everyone see this at least once.

Parent Written byapollo9357 August 18, 2009
My three and five year old both love this film and choose to watch, because they can get up and dance.