Kid reviews for Singin' in the Rain

Often considered the finest musical of all time.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 6, 2009

People usually think of this when they think of musicals

I saw this in Video Production, although it's a typical formulaic musical, it is very entertaining and lively, a movie everyone should experience to get their opinons on it. It gets racy at times though, especially during the lengthy penultimate number.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLa Rana June 4, 2015

I was a bit disappointed with CSM, but I guess they don't really rate immodesty.

I absolutely loved this movie!! The humor, singing, dancing, -I love old musicals, and this was no exception. However- While this was 'clean' in that there was no sex or bad language, ect, there were . . . . a LOT of legs. (-: I wasn't comfortable watching it with my younger siblings. There was a lot of immodesty, and inappropriate . . . . well, legs. (-: I guess I've noticed that Common Sense Media doesn't really rate the immodesty in movies. I use this site a lot, just have to be careful about that part. So while it's a great movie, i won't be watching it with my family again any time soon. /-: Was a bit disappointing in that respect. I know I rated it for kids 12 and under, I wasn't sure what to put. I guess it sorta depends on the kid. And maybe the gender. (-:
Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2010

GOOD FOR EVERYONE!

WOW!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover March 13, 2012

I'm singin' in the rain!!!

AWESOME MOVIE!!! AWESOME SONGS!!! A lot of comedy, (Cosmo mostly) and plenty of fun. I first saw it when I was 4, and instantly fell in love with it. It's been a family favorite since then. Don flirts with Kathy a lot on their first meeting, and he and Lina kiss, plus Lina keeps hinting that she loves Don, more than acting partners. Overall great family movie, full of entertainment. A must-see, and hopefully over and over.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymarvelgirl68 May 22, 2013

Singing in the rain a timeless musical.

Singing in the rain is a great movie for all kinds of ages!

Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2010

COOOL SOOO BRILLIANT

I LOVE THE SONG SINGIN IN THE RAIN ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOL I LOVE THIS FILM OK FOR ALL AGES LEENA IS SO FUNNY A HILARIOUS FILM FOR ALL THE FAMILY ONE OF THE BEST MUSICALS IN THE WORLD

Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist January 30, 2010

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

This is the best musical ever. The songs are classics. I love the songs. This is one of my favorite movies.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Great

One of the best musicals ever made, a feel-good, hilarious, and colorful film! Nothing here parents would object to, this film is accepbtable for kids of all ages.

I Laughed!

Probably the greatest movie of all time!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMiss Muffett December 11, 2010

Outstanding Movie

I love watching this movie. It has a love story that is not at all sappy mixed in with good clean fun.

Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverkt April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2012

A beloved classic.

A truly great musical, with catchy songs and pretty positive messages. However, there is some smoking (especially from Lina) and mean revenge.

Teen, 15 years old Written byhayal12 July 26, 2016

Funny, lively and colourful tribute to Hollywood in the 20s

'Singin' in the Rain' has countless times been named the greatest musical ever made, and of course there are many reasons for this: all of its songs are memorable, it features the most iconic song-and-dance routine in film history, and it celebrates talent, creativity and imagination. Some of the comic elements in the film may be too sophisticated for children under 10, but the music is universal (and the main focus of the film anyway). A loving tribute to Hollywood and its fickleness, there are some self-centred, manipulative characters and passionate romantic moments to stay aware of.
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2016

Love it

Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it. Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove IT. Great music, very funny. It's a classic.
Kid, 9 years old December 18, 2015

Just One Concern...

CSM doesn't always include everything. Did nobody notice that Olga's dressed inappropriately?(She's only shown in two scenes.) Also, this girl on a poster isn't dressed appropriately. (That's only one 10- second scene.) I love Lina! Also, Don and Kathy kiss 2 times, but that's all. Also, Lina says 2 insults: dope and dumb.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe July 15, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

"I'm singin in the rain, just singin in the rain!" This is the ultimate feel-good, laugh out loud movie, with a little romance too!
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2015

won't make sense

This movie was great but won't make sense to younger kids unless their parent is willing to explain about movies back then.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAgentA 2005 February 27, 2018
I enjoyed the movie “Singin In The Rain” it was a comical movie. My favorite character was Cosmo he had a lot of funny moments. I think that kids will love to watch this movie because of how funny it is. My one favorite song was “Make Em Laugh” by Cosmo.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjusticeleague10 February 24, 2018
I think that this is a good classic movie. Considering that it is a musical ,with catchy music,I didn't think that there was too much singing in it. The story wasn't to complex, but I still enjoyed watching the movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheparanoidreviewer February 21, 2018

Ahead of its time

A definite classic! There is a lot of kissing and a whole lot of singing. Many parts show behind the scenes of making a movie in the silent era. When they are approached with movies with audio, they need to get in position. It shows what is needed for a show to go on with some what I would call unnecessary singing.