Parent reviews for Skyline

Deadly dull alien attack movie has scary, gross effects.

Parent Written byBraidedLady February 25, 2019

Should be rated R

This movie seems like it was written by a college student. Aside from the plot being forced and the characters cliche, it’s gross and excessively violent. How is this not rated R? After watching everyone get decapitated I had to turn it off when the aliens started attacking pregnant ladies’ unborn babies. BARF

Adult Written byPrimeSlayer June 17, 2015

Awful.

This movie just sucks. I'm not gonna bother writing about the content because if you're smart, you won't watch this movie. In the event you do, I'm so sorry. I wouldn't wish watching this film upon my worst enemy.
Parent Written byobnoxiousm May 6, 2011

No thematic value to justify violence, except a wimpy "protect your family!"

A great idea, poorly written. Aliens with some kind of mind control powers come and destroy the earth, with a very negative tone. The ending isn't as bad as some reviews would tell you, but there's not a lot to get out of this except gore and fear. The devotion of Jared to protecting his family is nice, but next to the shallow, sparkly backdrop of a depopulated, affluent city it seems kind of shallow. Elaine is a walking incubator. I think you should stay away on issues of quality, but there isn't much thematic merit to the piece either. You really need that thematic goodness to justify all the offensive madness here.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written bycone March 17, 2011

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byalldfun January 29, 2011

better than some may think.

This is actually a really good movie. Except for the ending.

Adult Written byhappy-wanderer January 3, 2011

Wouldn't even recommend for adults

Way too violent. Terrible ending. Extremely bad writing. I'm not sure this is science fiction or a slasher film, but the creators of this movie should never be allowed to make another movie. This one is sure to give kids nightmares.

Parent of a 17-year-old Written byheydude01 December 16, 2010
Honestly I think that this movie sucked. The story line to me seems like a combination of Cloverfield and District 9. The movies plot didn't make sense because through out the whole entire movie all the character would sit in a room and just wait until something happens and the ending of the movie also makes no sense *Spoiler Alert* when the main character's brain get's put into an alien's body and rescues his girlfriend. So in my opinion this movie completely sucked and anyone that actually like this movie you seriously need to watch better movies.
Adult Written byMovieMark November 24, 2010

Bad Movie for any age. Don't waste your time or money.

When my 14 year old son and I saw the trailers for Skyline we were excited to see it. I was reminded of Independence Day, Cloverfield and War of the Worlds. What Skyline delivered was one of the worst movies that I can recall. I was surprised that a movie studio would put this in the theaters. The story/plot is stupid and the acting is substandard. There are no likeable characters and no reason to care about what's going to happen next. The dialogue is lame and the special effects don't save this stinker. We (the viewers) don't care about the characters which is just as well because they all die anyway. Oops....sorry. The ending is especially moronic. We never get to know who or what the aliens are or why they have come. I could go on but I think my point is made. I told my son that we should've seen Unstoppable and that I was glad to just be hanging out with him
Adult Written bywallyk2334 November 18, 2010

Please do not waste any money on this terrible movie

One of worst movies I have ever scene. I love sci-fi and I love Turk from scrubs but whoever wrote this script should be shot!! Awesome special effects. I am really shocked that this movie ever made it to the screen. At best it should have been direct to DVD or shown on the sci-fi channel. I've seen better movies on
mystery science theater 3000.
Adult Written bykhan2705 November 18, 2010

Awful.... worse sci fi alien movie.

well i had no expectations from this movie after seeing its ratting on Rotten Tomatoes, and as usual this film turns out to be one of the worst Alien / sci fi movie ever. one of the worst movie of the year. don't waste your money on it. only good thing about this movie were those pretty attracting posters just like the in the movie (the strange blue light from alien ships that attracts the victims). don't even waste your time on it, i mean if u download movies or watch it on sites. hate it so much. after watching trailer i thought if the movie is no good maybe the special effects will give me a visual pleasure but no , even special effects are bad, super worse. i know its a B grade movie but still looks bad if not worse.

everything start so early and ends early too. one of the worst written plot for a sci fi movie ever. awful story with bad screenplay. uneven screenplay. acting is below average. and this movie has one of the insane ENDING ever. i was horribly miffed with this movie. its very rare that i give movie a awful review. i usually find some aspect or something in the movie which i like or interest me even if others doesn't or even if its of no importance. i am a fan of these visual pleasure fantasy sci fi movies like i love those indie or dramas. but this was awful. no lilkable characters or story or anything. crap. i would have given it half or 1 stars but 1.5 for somehow little bit nice effort visually.