Kid reviews for Sleepers

Powerful story of child abuse. Not for kids.

Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2011

Upsetting and horrible

this movie was on TV not that long ago... its the worst movie ever, i couldnt watch it it made me so upset i couldnt sleep for like years! sooooo not for kids or anyone! its got horrible scenes D: I wish i never saw it! i felt sick for days and i kept thinking of what id seen in it and it made me feel worse, it took like like honestly 2 weeks or more to get over it! .. if this is coming on TV and ur kids ar around throw ur TV out the window!

Teen, 16 years old Written byelissa.nelson98 May 3, 2015

Not for anyone emotional

Overall a good story, well done. However not a family film. The rape of children is brutal and hard to watch. Rape scenes are not explicitly shown but they don't need to be to get the message across. There is also not a ton of redemption at the end of the film. it ends by saying that the institution still denies that the rape and abuse that happened in the film was never real.

Teen, 14 years old Written byme576 April 4, 2014

it ain't that bad

my teacher in religion told me to watch this film and i did. i think that it has a really good discipline to the story. saying that if you commit a crime that you will have to pay for what you did. in the film four boy and up stealing a hot dog stand and then threw it down stairs by accident and kill and innocent man.then the boy have to do time in prison but is might a little sexual violence to it and normal violence. but other than that the movie is good for 14 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAngelSymone June 27, 2013

Sleepers

Personally i think that this was a really great movie but it is NOT FOR KIDS in any way. This film is basically filled with revenge and child abuse, the things that these kids go through is so awful. The boys in this movie a abused and molested by male security guards while the are in a juvenile detention centre. There is a lot of swear words used mostly the F word and there is violence. Although i think this is a good movie it is very sad. It is a very heartbreaking movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAria Kingsley March 19, 2017

One of the best

This movie was hands down one of my favorite movies. Although I think kids of at least fourteen and up should be able to watch it I myself am only thirteen. It's a little disturbing but after all it deals with physical and sexual abuse of young boys. I think that this movie was such a well told story and well acted especially by the young boys. I may think the young cast did a better job acting because when they made this movie they were about my age but so do a lot of people. My favorite character was definitely young Lorenzo Carcaterra or in other words Shakes probably because as of 2017 I'm thirteen and just saw this movie at thirteen. Anyways I loved this movie so much I was not able to stop thinking about it for at least a week. The fact that I actually grieved for the children proves how well told and acted this film is. The only flaw was that the storyline as the adults was not as interesting and I'm not the only one who thinks this. Also this film contains strong language