Kid reviews for Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy Hollow Poster Image

bloody

Good movie not scary if ur kids likes horror. didnt love it didnt hate it. But if ur bored and want a decent movie this is for u.

An ok film

In my opinion, this movie was a good movie. However, half way through watching it I got bored. A bit of violence. Not many swear words. A good movie to watch with the family, wouldn't recommend to younger kids. I think they will get bored, or be too scary.

no clue why common sense gave this movie an 18+ rating. yes, it's rated r but if you hadn't seen the rating you'd probably assume it would be rated lower. there's no cursing, and only a very brief sex scene. i personally think the movie would be okay for 8-9+ year olds. there isn't really anything extremely "bad" about this movie other than the gore, which is even presented in a slightly comedic tone so that's not even that bad either. despite the comedic tone though, there is still a lot of gore and not everyone is okay with that, so just know that before watching.

Loved this movie!

I just watched this with my mom for our Halloween movie this year and I thought it was great. I love movies set in the “olden days” and the scenes of this creepy town were perfect. There was violence like a lot of heads being chopped off but it actually wasn’t gross. Like it looked almost comical. The movie was scary but the violence is not gory and not realistic at all. Definitely doesn’t deserve an 18+ rating! I’ll for sure watch this again.

Im very sleepy!

I was very sleepy in the morning!

Im very sleepy

Fun murder mystery satire with a very positive commentary l

I don’t understand common sense media’s review of this at all. Did the reviewer even watch the movie? The movie is a (self proclaimed by the director) parody of the “hammer horror” films of the 50s and 60s, so the violence is super corny and over the top (spinning heads, comical amounts of blood etc) It’s dark but definitely silly. This is nothing like the original book. Instead, Ichabod is a detective sent to investigate a series of murders in a remote town in New York called Sleepy Hollow. It’s fast paced and engaging, the plot twists are fun, and the mystery wraps up really well in the end. It also has an interesting and meaningful commentary on religion, at least in my opinion. The townspeople are overly superstitious and overbearingly religious, while Ichabod is so adamantly skeptic that it’s harmful at times. In the end there’s definitely a message that religion and science can live together in harmony, and that forcing your beliefs on others is bad (this theme is explored a lot in flashbacks to Ichabod’s childhood)

Great Movie!!!

Although I first watched this when I was 8 and got temporarily traumatized after re-watching it I think it's an amazing movie with such dated violence adding humour and the fact that Johnny Depp's in it makes it even better!