Kid reviews for Small Soldiers

Well-made but extremely violent '90s cartoon.

Kid, 7 years old July 11, 2010
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 September 23, 2012

darkly funny comedy has loads of brutal violence

this funny, sometimes dark action comedy is full of movie refrences and humor to make many fans of war films laugh out loud. but this thrilling joy ride is too violent for younger kids. this sci-fi actioner is very loud and explosive. there are many deaths of the toys, involving shredding, beating, and crushing. when the toys fight back, it is very brutal. they swarm and attack humans and bound and gag them. they built miniature was machines out of household items, from chainsaws to blowtorches and nailguns. there is extensive property damage and many long battle scenes. explosions, cuttings, stabbings, crushings and shooting are only a few of the things in those scenes. there is a sequence of banter at some female dolls who are dressed in skimpy clothing.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygregguy May 14, 2016

It depends on the amount of violence your kids can handle

All in all this was a pretty good movie, but a little weird. It's definitely a creative movie. But it's also pretty violent. I put for ages 8 and up only because my brother is it 8 and it was fine for him. The toys in it are killing machines (but no one is killed). There is a lot of fire and in one part a teenage boys' pants catch on fire so he takes them off, revealing his boxers. There are also some dolls that are dressed in skimpy bikini's. Some other things that could concern parents are a boy and girl kissing, a woman drinking alcohol, and when a kid tells his mom that the toys are alive she asks him if he's on drugs. There is also some language: "ass" is said three times "damn" is said four times and "hell" is said three times.

Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2014

ITS A FINE MOVIE

REALY DREAMWORKS REALY THIS IS A FINE AND A LITTLE BAD MOVIE DREAMWORKS TRY LOOK OVER THIS MOVIE AND CHECK IF IS INAPROTE.

Teen, 13 years old Written byfluffy gizmo July 18, 2014

A fun film

This movie has great characters and a good story.I recommend it if you go to a video rental store or a DVD store.

Teen, 14 years old Written byClubBlood120 June 17, 2010

GREAT ACTION MOVIE!!!!!

LOVE IT HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS MOVIE SINCE I WAS 3!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2009

Really intriuging and action-packed film that really is a great production.

Truly this is a very entertaining movie. The plot is far-fetched but is still within the range of possibility. The actors and actresses acted the movie out so well I felt as if it was really happening. However I must admit that there is occasional violence but it is necessary for the plot. The violence is very mild and most of it is directed at dolls er... action figures but on the few times there is violence directed at humans there is no gore. Great film overall.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 13, 2011

Violent, some profanity, but great action packed movie!

Parents need to know that this action-comedy movie is action packed, but the violence kinda gets too far later into the movie. The violence involves toys, the toys are destructive, and they are killing machines, although they do not kill anybody, they are still kinda crazy. There is some mild language (ass and damn are usually used). There is some sexual innuendo, involving Barbie and other dolls and there is also some mild drug references. But other than that, there is some great messages of courage and honesty.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 16, 2013

great movie

An entertaining movie about robotic toys gone wrong. The state-of-the-art CGI mixed with robotic close-ups make the toys very realistic. Some positive messages but not that good for role models and some disturbing-looking toys. The targeted audience (9-14 year old children) will love the explosive action and humor.

Kid, 10 years old April 8, 2019

Good movie!

It’s a good movie with a few mistakes but has language (not that bad) for example in the beginning of the movie I think about toys kicking a-words but also has violence and sex where there’s a lot of shredded/ destroyed toys with the barbie dolls with destroyed parts (one of them had only there eyes connected to their neck (no face) and finally all of the barbie dolls were wearing bikinis. Great movie, forget the cover, not for young/ little kids (even though a young/ little kid was in this movie). Oh yeah, the girl in the movie, who is acted by the actress of Mary Jane Watson in the Sam raimai (sorry if I got the name wrong) Spider-Man trilogy, is a bad role model and called her little brother a brat. Also (that I didn’t mind) the protagonist and her kissed and the girl’s mum got drunk.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheReviewer1534 January 22, 2019
this movie is my child hood and my favorite character is insaniac which is the toy with the red face

Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2017

Major Chip Hazard

This is a awesome movie but their is a lot of violence if it were human against military human I would make a new rating but theirs not much blood but people are injured and a house explodes and there was some language but over all This was a great movie it was comedic and it had action things that I think boys my age would like.