Kid reviews for Smallfoot

Fun, feel-good animated musical offers positive messages.

Kid, 12 years old September 30, 2018

Good for all ages!

Was very impressed with this movie. It's in no way a masterpiece, but it's a very solid family film. The cast is great, the soundtrack is good, and the story is kiddie enough to keep kids entertained, and mature enough to keep older kids and adults entertained. Totally appropriate for all ages!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCritic God September 28, 2018

Absolutely bonkers, but fine for families

Smallfoot is the usual when it comes to kid's films nowadays: it's crazy but safe. It does contain some cartoonish pratfalls here and there, and there are some insults like "stupid" and I believe a use or two of the word "crap", but the language isn't really something to get upset over. So yeah, fine for little kids, not a great film, but it should keep the kiddies entertained. Which is good.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjoy_joy October 31, 2018

I LOVED THE MESSAGE!!!!!

I will spoil this movie in some parts because I'm getting my point/message out, so beware. When I watched the trailer for this movie I was like this would be a cute kid movie to watch and even though I'm a teen I'll give it a try. When I went to the theater with my family, we were all cracking up at the characters personalities and just funny cute humor. This movie had a bigger message in it though. It sounded a lot like the Christian religion. The Christian churches have all of these things like Christmas is on December 25th and you are celebrating "Jesus's" birth and on October 31st it's okay to dress up and go have fun because it's Halloween. But, they aren't okay and true. If you question and look into those things you find what really is true about them. That's what this movie is about. There is a village of Yetis and in this village is a Yeti named Migo. Migo (and almost all of the other Yetis) doesn't ever question the laws (the stone tablets) that he's always known to be true, because if you have questions then you just push them down and they'll go away. Migo one day sees a human (a "small foot") and goes to tell his village, even though he knows that small foots don't exist because the stone tablets say so. He doesn't want to lie and say he didn't see one so he is banished from his village and is off to find a small foot to prove the tablets wrong. He finds a small foot and brings him back into his village. He shows the village the small foot and they start to question if the other stone tablets are true or not. The Stone Keeper doesn't like that the others know the truth so he convinces Migo to lie and say that his small foot is a type of yak. In the end, Migo apologizes and tells everyone the truth that everything they know to be true is one giant lie so they would be safe from the small foots. When you believe what everyone tells you to be true, how can you know what is wrong? You just know it's wrong? Do you give in like the others? Or do you take a stand and test everything that you're told and do not compromise to the world? The message I received was to test everything you're told and do because it might not be true. Look into it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 October 3, 2018

I'm 14 years old and me and my friends loved this movie.

Wow... Just wow. I went in with mediocre expectations because my friends and I are all 14 and it was an animated movie for young audiences. The whole time we were laughing so hard, it was so funny and just plain fun. It surpassed my expectations! But back to the humor, 5 minutes into the movie we couldn't stop laughing and it was just so much fun. The music was also fantastic and we were all having a little party in our row (which luckily was the very last row against the wall, so no one could see 14-year-old kids jamming out to an animated movie. I really recommend this movie and I really want to see it again and I will probably get it on DVD when it comes out just because of how good with it. And if you didn't already know this amazing movie has an all-star cast! My MPAA rating: G

Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2018

Actually liked it

I was expecting this movie to be terrible, but it wasn’t. It was actually good. Not great, but good. This is a perfect family movie for movie night. No language, but a little violence. It may scare young children who don’t know what a tranquilizer dart/gun is.
Kid, 10 years old December 15, 2018

Liberal Propaganda and anti-Jesus

Small Foot is a bright musical. When me and my 6 year old brother and grandparents went to watch it we were excited because it look really cool. After around 1 hour I got very mad. There is a yeti with a robe made of stones. It's kind of like Jesus and all the Ten Commandments, right? Well in the middle of the movie the yeti with the robe of stones says they are ALL lies. Not recommended for religious families. There is also liberal propaganda throughout. I was really disappointed. If you and your family aren't bother by this indoctrination. Then you are good to go.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiKaela15 October 31, 2018

Fantastic Movie!

Oh my gosh! This movie beat Incredibles 2 for me. The message was incredible! I'm a fifteen-year-old who's constantly having to stand up for the truth even when others are saying that I'm wrong. This is the perfect movie for any child and any adult. Even though the message goes deep throughout the movie, everyone can enjoy it. It tells of a yeti standing up for the truth. Even though he bails from the truth later in the movie, he comes back to the truth with the help from his friends. While this yeti is searching to find the truth, a human (smallfoot) is learning about how important integrity is. Overall, the best movie of the year!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl700 October 23, 2018

Better than expected

This movie was better than expected. The jokes were pretty good and the stupid goat made me die. Other than that, the music was stupid, and it dragged on by the one hour mark. Watch with kids 0-10. It'll be a hit!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexandraSails October 8, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byJ_1019 October 5, 2018

A Great Family Movie for All Ages.

This movie was a hit with my younger siblings who loved every minute of it. It was funny and they couldn't stop singing some of the songs. More importantly, however, the characters were great role models that taught great messages like to tell the truth, find knowledge, ask questions, listen, be a good friend and to treat animals with respect. Overall, the animation wasn't great and in my opinion neither were the songs (although my siblings will disagree), but apart from that, it was a great movie with a fun storyline and a feel-good ending and I quite enjoyed it as a 13-year-old.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAbigail18817 October 3, 2018

Okay

I didn't really enjoy this movie, but I can see how others would like it. It is very appropriate for small children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiaGalaxySprinkle December 5, 2018

Great For Everyone

I enjoyed this movie but personally there was a little too much singing though younger kids would personally enjoy it.

Kid, 7 years old December 22, 2018

I Loved the Music!!

I thought the music was great and the movie was really cute. I would watch it 3 more times.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymatthewm_06 December 17, 2018
This was a fun family movie! The musical numbers were great and it had a very solid storyline. I found it very entertaining and fun.

Kid, 8 years old December 14, 2018

Good for everyone!!!!!!!!!

It is very funny and interesting and also sad .It is fine,so the parents can watch it with there kids.
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2018

amazing moive

This is a cute and funny moive for all ages. in the moive on person thinks it is all about money and fame but when he meets the "Big foot's" that all changes.

Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2019

meh

its ok and kinda boring
Teen, 15 years old Written byManahilA1 December 31, 2018

Why 4

I think Small-foot is supposed to be a humorous and a movie full of lessons. This movie is really god but some parts aren't necessary they're just extra parts. But I don't really mind that. I think this movie is good for any age.