Parent reviews for Snow White and the Huntsman

Snow White and the Huntsman Poster Image

its amazing

so good

Worst "Kids" Movie Ever

A rubbish film that should never have to be viewed by any human being

Such a dissapointment.

I couldn't get through the first thirty minutes, the acting was terrible, and the plot line made no sense. from what i saw there is a TON of senseless bloody and gory violence. My MPAA Rating is: PG-13 For strong intense violence and gore and mild sexuality

Too violent.

Really, this was too violent for me. I turned it off after the first 30 minutes. This isn't anything like Disney's version. I say watch the original instead. It's pretty much the same story but without violence and plus great songs. Overall I'd say this is the same as Cars 2. 3.5/10 because the visuals were nice.

A more darker theme to the old fairy tale. Good special effects though.

Snow White & The Huntsman isn't the "fairy tale" like Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs, it's has a MUCH more darker theme to it, especially the violence and sexual content. The queen that Charlize Theron plays as is very cruel, sadistic and manipulative, killing anyone who even fails a single mission and will take advantage of anyone (even her brother) to achieve her striven goals. Her goal is to obtain Snow White's heart and that will make her immortal, and one scene is when she eats a bird's actual heart, which can be very disturbing. There are multiple fight scenes with some bloody results, an implied sex scene which turns to the evil queen graphically stabbing the king she married in order to obtain his throne, and there is some language but not strong at all (d*mn, h*ll).

Snow White and the Huntsman

very dark and violent. not true to the original story.

Awesome movie for mature teens and adults.

Charlize Theron is fantastic, Kristen Stewart is great, plot twists, great cinematography, music, etc. Dark, but very entertaining. I will go see it again soon.

Worth Previewing to Consider Sharing With Your Kid

Although the bird-heart eating scene, which is VERY early in the movie, is more than a little disgusting, overall this was a very interesting twist on the Snow White theme. The only "sexy" bit was when you see the queen step into her milk bath (the whole thing was shown in the previews), and the only skin revealed is her back. Kids will see sexier things on a trip to the local pool or beach. The movie gave us lots to talk about, like how Snow White grew a spine, and went from being a victim to being a leader, and how the queen was rich and beautiful, and still not happy. Although it is dark and there is a lot of fighting, the violence is less intense than most video games. It's not a happy-Disney-Snow-White, but it is an exciting, intense and interesting story which my third-grader and I really enjoyed.

Okay but...

Other than the violence that is prominent in this movie (sword fighting, wars, etc...) there were a few "disgusting" (my almost 12 year old's word) scenes during the first 15 minutes of the movie. Still, nothing that seemed to disturb my daughter who hasn't really been exposed to such movies before.