All parent member reviews for Snowpiercer

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 December 5, 2014

Tale of the 99% is creative and violent

Though I have some problems with this movie, it is for sure a great piece of adult (emphasis on adult) dystopian sci-fi drama. Plus its concept is so original: a train carrying the last people on what used to be earth, with the 99% fighting their way to the front? It was a visceral vision accomplished by great direction, and a fine anchoring performance by Chris Evans, shedding his Cap good guy image...his Curtis makes some very questionable decisions, because he's put in that position. There is also some Oscar buzz for Tilda Swinton, who, in true Swinton fashion, portrays a truly bizarre looking character with a Scottish accent, a pension for shifting allegiance to those in power and...false teeth? I'm not sure what the inspiration is, but you can't keep your eyes off her, and a nod is unlikely but certainly warranted!
Parent Written byJR Ohio September 4, 2014

Awful

My husband and I watched this one night looking for a sci fi movie. The scientific premise was pretty shaky, and the movie had a lot of goreand violence, but not above your ordinary R rated flick. Then the movie's last ten minutes arrived, and were horrible. A big secret (I won't spoil it) was revealed and it was done so in a way that made you feel terrible. Some people may have found that the character grew, but the end of the movie just made us ill. I definitely wouldn't recommend for kids.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur January 13, 2015

the R Rated version of Non Stop

I wanted to check this out because I thought the title was pretty rad, this is a really great edge of your seat nonstop action thrill ride, and I thought this was better than the movie Non Stop, and the highlight of snowpiercer is the fight with the ax gang, that shit was crazy lol
Adult Written bymichaelmcgcp. January 3, 2015

Great but dark movie

This movie is amazing but not for everyone. I'm fourteen but this movie was dark for me too. It includes the lower class being shot and treated horribly by everyone else. There are a lot of close head shots (like executing) and also stabbing. At one point a woman is stabbed in the leg but she is a "bad guy" so some may be happy to see this (not gory). The lower class are forced to eat protein blocks which are later revealed to contain bugs. As you may have read a man's punishment for protecting his son was his hand being shoved through a window until frozen and then broken off. Very good movie.
Adult Written bysarge123 September 21, 2015