Parent reviews for Snowpiercer

Brutal post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller has big themes.

Adult Written byIrenelaf March 31, 2019

Far fetched and Depressing

My 14 yo watched it with us. She hated it. There was tons of brutal gore that both my daughter and I needed to look away. I read reviews saying this movie had an original idea. Our opinion was...interesting idea but they made it so far fetched that it ruined it. Not much character development and so many die! So depressing. Needed a better ending with more survivors!
Adult Written bymlvhrevived May 19, 2020

Deep and intriguing

This movie is truly beautiful. It at its core is about the disaster that is modern capitalism. It is important that after watching this movie, you understand this. Many of the other comments I have seen dismiss this as a gory sci fi movie when at its heart it is a simple allegory. All the gore and blood is in the movie and helps show on a more personal level the results of capitalism’s oppression. Truly an amazing movie

Adult Written bysarge123 September 21, 2015

Brutal violence, but never gratuitous. Mature 15s+

Adult Written bymichaelmcgcp. January 3, 2015

Great but dark movie

This movie is amazing but not for everyone. I'm fourteen but this movie was dark for me too. It includes the lower class being shot and treated horribly by everyone else. There are a lot of close head shots (like executing) and also stabbing. At one point a woman is stabbed in the leg but she is a "bad guy" so some may be happy to see this (not gory). The lower class are forced to eat protein blocks which are later revealed to contain bugs. As you may have read a man's punishment for protecting his son was his hand being shoved through a window until frozen and then broken off. Very good movie.

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 December 5, 2014

Tale of the 99% is creative and violent

Though I have some problems with this movie, it is for sure a great piece of adult (emphasis on adult) dystopian sci-fi drama. Plus its concept is so original: a train carrying the last people on what used to be earth, with the 99% fighting their way to the front? It was a visceral vision accomplished by great direction, and a fine anchoring performance by Chris Evans, shedding his Cap good guy image...his Curtis makes some very questionable decisions, because he's put in that position. There is also some Oscar buzz for Tilda Swinton, who, in true Swinton fashion, portrays a truly bizarre looking character with a Scottish accent, a pension for shifting allegiance to those in power and...false teeth? I'm not sure what the inspiration is, but you can't keep your eyes off her, and a nod is unlikely but certainly warranted!

Adult Written byJR Ohio September 4, 2014

Awful

My husband and I watched this one night looking for a sci fi movie. The scientific premise was pretty shaky, and the movie had a lot of goreand violence, but not above your ordinary R rated flick. Then the movie's last ten minutes arrived, and were horrible. A big secret (I won't spoil it) was revealed and it was done so in a way that made you feel terrible. Some people may have found that the character grew, but the end of the movie just made us ill. I definitely wouldn't recommend for kids.