Kid reviews for Snowpiercer

Brutal post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller has big themes.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjbuck3151 July 27, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written bylottie196 July 25, 2020

Graphic but Interesting!

This has such a great plot and amazing actors and actresses. The only thing wrong with it is that it has lots of scenes of nudity and pre-sex scenes. It is VERY graphic and violent. It’s worth the watch , though!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMarshmellow25 July 3, 2020

Blood, a lot of blood. But a lot of meanings of human values.

I watched this movie with my parents, and our opinions diverged. In my opinion, the film is 17+, because there is a lot of violence. And the plot is not for everyone to understand. My parents told me that the film is 40+, because it is very deep, it is difficult to understand, even if you are an adult. Yes, and if you are afraid of swearing, then this film is not the best choice.
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2020

Intriguing Ideas and Gorey Action.

Snowpiercer is a thrilling and very intense film. It deals with the aftermath of global warming taking over the planet. Earth’s scientists reverse it, but they over did it and the Earth froze. The Earth’s last survivors take refuge on a train. Some people on the train are treated likes slaves while some people are in the upper class and don’t share. The main protagonist and his section of the train are in poverty and want to be treated fairly. He wants to start a revolution and get to the engine, so that he can control the train. I thought this movie had a lot of interesting ideas. I liked the movie a lot because I like action films. In the film instead of using guns they use axes so it’s more gruesome than movies with guns. In the movie they say the [email protected]#$ word a lot. I saw this film when I was eleven and it was a good movie although very inappropriate. I recommend that kids 17 and older watch this film because of violence and swearing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAfter Hour Movies April 7, 2020

Snowpiercer Review

Snowpiercer is a film very much like Parasite (even the same director). The reason I say this is because it is about different classes of people (low class, high class, middle class). Although I didn't like this film as much as Parasite, I think it shows better messages about class because it is much more brutal and serious. The film is about the end of the world. A train that has a never ending engine carries many people on it. The lower down the train, the lower class of people. This movie follows the low class of the train. They are fed bad food and are very mistreated. They strive throughout the film to get to the front of the train throughout the movie. The film is action packed, and the action is actually very well done. This may sound weird but the action in this film reminds me of the action in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. There are some zoom ins and cool transitions. The action is very violent, but it makes the messages of this film more powerful.

I think this film is OK for teens 17 and up because of the brutal violence and some strong language.

Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2020

Snowpiercer

I think snowpiercer is a great movie with great cinematography and screenplay. It's not as bad as the graphic novel it's based on. I really enjoyed it but I have watched some quite violent films such as saving private ryan, and there is some language but nothing worse than the f word. I still think its a brilliant that really makes you think about class.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydylzcam February 20, 2020

Great thriller with well filmed action

Snowpiercer is an amazing film for teenagers and adults. It contains scenes of strong violence and a disturbing conversation about cannibalism so if you're a sensitive younger teen I would recommend giving this one a miss. For everyone else this is a great film with surprisingly funny moments and a social commentary about class. Highly recommend it to teens and adults aged 13 and up.

It’s a great movie

So I saw this when I was 10 years old and it was fine there’s bad language like motherfu:ker a girl is called a whore f:ck used 30 times and sh:t is used 100 times bast:rd is used 12 times and worse .the movies really gory blood everywhere but it’s fine

Teen, 17 years old Written byTannerThanYou25 June 25, 2019

A lot more language than expected

Several sites say this movie has just a few F words, and i trusted them. Clearly now I cannot. Just in the first hour alone there was 10 right off the bat, and when I hit the first half of it, I counted 15-20 Give or take . The violence is pretty brutal but not as bad as a war movie. Overall the movie was really good but it’s a lot more profane than people say. There is also an excessive use of drugs in this

Teen, 13 years old Written bym.r.baker January 1, 2019

Not that bad

I watched this with my dad and 9 year old brother, and it really wasn't that bad. There are some violent scenes, and some children may be spooked by it, but if you think your child can handle it, I wouldn't worry about it much. There's also quite a bit of language, but kids hear swear words all the time from adults, so as long as they know not to repeat the words, they'll be fine. That being said, it is a very enjoyable movie, and I think you should let your kid watch it if they want.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Addict of Gaming March 21, 2018

A Movie Absolutely Everyone Should See

Very Well Made. Very Bleak (Similar Tone to Shawshank Redemption) and overall engaging. However, this movie contains extreme violence, at least near the beginning, as melee weapons are more brutal and bloody than guns. It explores an apocalypse that actually starts... humorously. Yes, despite being bleak and violent, there is some comedy in here, and it's really funny. The opening is probably the funniest part, and I won't spoil it, but it's really damn funny. I wouldn't say it's too violent, as the violence is necessary to the story and future they are trying to tell of. This deconstruction of human society works wonderfully, and has you wanting change in our own society. You should just take the drugs for what they are, *Even More Commentary*. This shows how the upper class does take drugs, and they got have the money for it. Now, for my age rating. I don't know. See, it contains violence, and drugs, and swearing. I've heard the F-Word before I was in 3rd grade, so that doesn't matter much. the drugs are fine. Whatever, as long as you know the difference between fiction and reality, it's fine. (Also, for some reason I'm required to put an age on it, so I'll just say 12 to commonsense)
Teen, 13 years old Written bysamuelatwo January 2, 2017
Snowpiercer is definitely one of the best movies of 2014. It has a great cast including Chris Evans, Jamie Bell, and Octavia Spencer. It is directed very well though is a little different than you are used to since it is directed by a Korean filmmaker.The language is kind of bad though any 14 year old will hear more cursing at school. The violence is a little bloody with lots of deaths
including main characters.Although the action scenes are very good, and take advantage of the fact that they are on a train. There is no sex at all in the entire movie, though there is a good amount of smoking and drugs. Though in the end the drugs turn out to be very helpful. The only one bad thing about this movie is that the ending is really long, and not the best. Though I recommend this movie to anyone 14 or older, or to more mature 12 and 13 year olds.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykrancei October 28, 2016

Complex look on society

It's kind of violent but usually not brutal.

Kid, 9 years old April 28, 2016

Brilliant and thrilling sci-fi adventure is very violent and brutal with lots of drugs, swearing.

This extremely brutal and bloody sci-fi thriller is brilliant and very entertaining, but again is too much for even older teenagers. This movie is about a man named Curtis, who has been on an iron train name Snowpiercer for 17 years after rich people have saved them from earth after global warning turns the whole world into below freezing, cold, and completely frozen. On the train, there are different sections, the front, the middle, and the back. The front is for rich people and who are royal to the leaders of the train and the front of the train as well, and the back is for poor, homeless people who don't get clean food or water. The train is non-stop, and has been going ever since 2014, and is still running in 2031. Curtis is completely tired of being treated this way, and his mission is to get to the front of the train to the water supply, and to take over the train. He can't get to the friend without his friend, and Namgoong, who is a specialist to help Curtis open the gates to the front. Violence 4/5: Violence in this adventure is very bloody and very brutal. In one very gory scene, characters are murdered by the bad guys with axes, knifes, and guns. Gory wounds and blood splattering, spurting, and pooling. In one scene, a man is impaled. A pregnant woman shoots her class full of kids, and is then stabbed in the neck with a knife. A mans arm is ripped off by a machine. A man is executed with a blood splatter. A woman is brutally beaten. A woman is shoot in the head with a machine gun with gore. Disturbing scenes of children being killed and taken away. A father is murdered, with a gory bullet wound in his head. A man is killed with a brick. A mans arms are put in the frozen snow for 7 minutes, and the break his frozen arm. A scene of bloody torture shows a woman being stabbed. A man is murdered with a hammer in the head. Graphic and gory cuts. A woman is shot many times in the chest. Two men are blown to fits. Main characters die. Disturbing and graphic discussion about eating humans. Language 4/5: Very frequent, strong language includes f--k, s--t, d--k, c--ksucker, and f----t. Drugs and smoking/alcohol 4/5: Characters constantly snort this drug, and it makes them very high. A few scenes show people drinking and snorting meth. Drugs are a big important topic in this movie. Sexual content 0. This movie is nearly outstanding, and it's exciting and brilliant and very entertaining, but very bloody and brutal. My rating:R for intense sequences of brutal graphic violence throughout, drug use, and language.
Teen, 16 years old Written byElysia February 6, 2016

Frankly I was disappointed

The concept of this movie was fascinating; however the execution was poor. Conveying a deep message about the futility of actions and the depravity of humanity, it is by far not a positive movie. There is a lot of fighting and plenty of senseless and graphic violence. It's especially disturbing when a guy's hand is stuck outside the train, frozen, and shattered with a hammer. I would not recommend this to anyone who dislikes violence or needs a happy ending.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 September 9, 2015

This is an amazing sci-fi thriller with great performances by Chris Evans and Jamie Bell. It was surprisingly very emotional and had a lot of language, the violence is not to bad. If you do not want your kid to hear bad language in this movie but if you are afraid of the violence you have nothing to worry about because the battles are not to violent they just have a little blood.

Teen, 14 years old Written by2jayz May 17, 2015

So glad I watched this!

This movie is great well emotional. The story was fascinating and the actors were really good. Good themes. Violence- 8/10. Brutal violence with some blood and some disturbing talk about cannibalism. Sex- 0-10. None. Language- 7/10. About 30 f-words with some other swear words. Fantastic movie!