Parent reviews for Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Movie Poster

Characters say "hell " 2 times.

Overall I can see the appeal for school age boys 5 and up who know who the character Sonic is. The movie itself has a lot of action so that's a plus for holding young viewers attention. I hate to sound old-fashioned, but I really don't like that a character said the word " hell" two times. And through out the movie at least 3 or 4 times there were some approximations . Like instead of saying the f word they substituted for a clean word that begins with the same letter, but you knew what they meant. Seems with the language it should have been rated pg 13, but them they wouldn't reach their target audience of 5 to 13. Overall,my kid really enjoyed it but just a heads up to parents who care about the language their children are hearing.

8 people found this helpful.
We loved this movie! 💙🥰 Great movie.
2 people found this helpful.

Run to watch this, at Sonic Speed!

Went with my kids (7 and 9 years old), and theater full like minded families, here for some family fun. Jimmy Carrey we will miss you comedy, always so enjoyable. This movie was about family, caring, and sticking together. It was family friendly, and family goofy. The entire family laughed, theater cheered and laughed, it was a great time had by all. I recommend letting your children watch the animated series, Sonic Boom to familiarize your kids with the characters to better appreciated it all. Movie Spoilers: I love how they picked up from where the last movie left off with a teaser. Stay for the after credits. After credits are go together like a man and his Shadow.

2 people found this helpful.

Great Prequel: Good themes about Friendship and Family

Honestly, the Sonic series has proven to be some of the better family-friendly films to come out in the past couple of years. There is an abundance of jokes, Good laughs, and hilarious characters. Everything is fantasy violence and is not considered extreme. There are a couple of nods to adult jokes, but other than that the movie is very clean. The pacing is nice, but it may be considered a bit lengthy for families with younger children. However, the movie is very engaging so many young children in the movie, while antsy, were captivated. Messages of friendship, family and forgiveness are all discussed in this movie. It is honestly a very sweet, feel-good film that the whole family should enjoy. Especially, your kiddos that love Nerdy culture!

Totally Safe for Young Kids

This movie is well within reach of even very young kids, although the target audience seems to be upper elementary school kids. There is some almost cussing (of course shiitake mushrooms make an appearance). There is no violence of any consequence. After even the heftiest of falls, care is taken to show the character get up and shake it off. There is really nothing in the movie that you will find yourself wishing that your young kid didn't see.

Epic action & cool fight scenes 4k HD animation

I think you should keep out swearimg since it's a kids movie. I especially liked the Knuckles vs. Sonic fight scenes. I also liked that Shadow is being introduced. Imo Shadow shouldn't die or be befriended by Sonic and the team.

Highly sexual content

A fun ride worthy of being a sequel to the first installment

Two years ago we took our 3 year old son to watch the first installment of this franchise at the drive-in. It was just before COVID would mark everyone's lives. HE LOVED IT, natch. So his excitement was infectious when he kept asking when the sequel was going to be released. (Awww, his first sequel). The film does not disappoint. As good as the first? Perhaps not. Entertaining, thrilling, funny and worthy of the franchise, absolutely! Feels like it is setting up the third installment? You better believe it!

Please Undo Everything I’m Trying To Teach My Children

Total trash. Swearing and fake swearing. Cleavage everywhere, sexuality, this is not a wholesome movie. Trickery. One lady who is stressed drinking straight from a champagne bottle. Huge scene taking place in a bar right at the beginning. If my children aren’t supposed to be in bars why would I bring one into my living room? There are so many great movies out there for children that teach family, forgiveness, and acts of heroism. I’m not sure why anyone would bother with this. It glorifies behavior most people wouldn’t want their children participating in while luring them in with other fun kid magnet things. I think I’d rather have my kids drink 40 ounces of sugary soda right before bed. 🙄