Kid reviews for Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Movie Poster

Sonic Sequel is Targeted For Young Children

This movie was honestly just ok. The movie is very much targeted towards children and very cringe. There is a whole subplot that is really bad and doesn’t have anything to do with Sonic and it isn’t necessary. There is also a whole dance off scene that is long and annoying. If they cut out those scenes they would have a shorter and better movie. I did enjoy the visual effects and Jim Carey and Robotnic. All in all this movie is just ok and I would not go out of my way to see it again.

4 people found this helpful.

GREATEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!

THIS IS A CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE!!!! This is my favorite movie. Funny, interesting, and rides along smoothly with the first. It was very similar to the video game which I appreciated. The post credit scene made me want more! It was jam packed with action. It is very immature and goofy. I really like how they stuck to the lore of Sonic. Jim Carrey was pretty funny. The characters are amazing. Sonic is so cool, Tails is cute, and Knuckles is funny. Sonic and Tails are like bros and it's adorable. All the characters are hilarious. Sonic tells cheesy jokes. Tails is insane and runs Knuckles over with a car, and Knuckles is stupid. 3 Peak comedy characters!!! Sonic has an IPhone 13 which is insaneeee. Humans were very funny as well. Overall a hilarious, childish movie which I loved.

3 people found this helpful.
Better than the first!

3 people found this helpful.
Game-based sequel levels up the positive messages; peril.

2 people found this helpful.

Fun adventure movie for families

2 people found this helpful.

adds are so boring and annoying

i love sonic

1 person found this helpful.

This has great messages but a little swearing

I loved this movie! It's really well done and has good messages. I will say, there is a little bit of swearing but not swearing. Dr. Eggman/ Robotnic adds on to the S word but it is still said. There is also two uses of Hell and one of A-hole. But, Sonic is funny and good hearted. Tails was such a good add on to the movie. I loved the little inventions. Knuckles is the best! He is so strong but kinda dumb. They made this movie very well. In the one song I heard the s word but It's not too noticable. Overall, this is a wonderful movie and has a great mesages and Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles will make your children's day. Sonic is all about family and he saves Tails instead of going after something. Just watch for swearing

Very good

I reated this moovie 7+ for: infrequent moderate violence&scariness, infrequent and mild sexy stuff, infrequent use of stronger language, freaquent moderate consumerism and frequent mild drinking. Overall, this is a Great moovie, I watched Booth sonics and they are perfect.
1 person found this helpful.

GREAT MOVIE (WITH SURPRISES FOR FANS)

Really focused on the games, and I loved that. If they made the wedding sequence less important this would've been way better. I loved the omega ems, golden sonic(I CALLED IT), shadow, knuckles, tails, and omega robotnik, and the death egg robot (my fav part). Great movie for fans of the games (and non fans too). There is a sequence in a siberian bar, but it focuses more on dance fights. There are no swears, but some characters get cut off or just make it sound different. For example eggman says holy sh**awky. violence is mild, and cartoonish, it's sonic what do u expect. Enjoyable movie. Like the sam raimi spider man trilogy, the first felt like an origin, the second was really good and felt not like an origin, but actual story. Themes of friendship, being a hero, and responsibility. Great role models, even when they lie(just for the funny stuff). Jim Carrey, should be renamed to Jim Carried the performance. Kids will learn about siberian words, and sonic games. Many off screen consumerism, and lot's of pop culture references.

Fun Enough Sonic Movie, Much Better Than The First