Kid reviews for Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog Poster Image

Extremely disappointing.

I am a h if Dan of the game, so in 2019 when it was announced, I was very excited. Then in 2022, I watched it, and I hated it. It was poorly written, dull and cringey. Jim Carey and Main character were the only likable ones. I was actually rooting against sonic. I hated him that much. There was almost no action in this film, and the final scenes seemed very rushed. Overall, I didn’t not laugh at a single joke, I hated almost every character, and I want to get the 98 minutes of my life back. I’m disappointed that Hollywood is making a franchise out of this series.
1 person found this helpful.

Really good movie and definitely recommended for ages 8 and above.

I really liked this movie. Personally, I love the plot with Longclaw and the Echidna tribe. They bring this into the beginning and get the viewers engaged. The trailer is awesome and generally made me want to watch it. Quality, animations and even sometimes jokes can be spot on. Tom is a good role model and there are positive messages of togetherness and teamwork. There is definitely no educational value. Like Common Sense Media says, this movie tends to entertain rather than to educate, therefore you will walk out of the cinema having learnt nothing useful/to use in life. There is no sex, sexual innuendos, nothing like that. No profanity or swearing to a great extent, but words include “butt” and “fart” in the potty humour this movie has. I agree with the other review that said, “Olive Garden (Italian restaurant) must’ve paid them a fat cheque to mention them every 2 seconds.” Violence includes explosions, lasers, bullets and I think even punches. Jim Carrey seriously does great at playing Robotnik, he seems very passionate in the role (you can tell) and it fits him perfectly. However, he was probably the best and only good actor in the entire film, everyone else acts a bit cheesy and it’s not a pleasure to watch. I also just wish they made him look more like the cartoon character of Eggman. In this movie, he just looks like your generic villain professor/doctor. They could’ve put a fat suit on him or something. Definitely a lot of products and purchases like the consistent Olive Garden showings and consumerism with this movie being based off of a video game franchise (Sonic the Hedgehog). There isn’t TOO much drinking/drugs/smoking, but a scene shows Tom (James Marsden) drinking what appears to be beer. However, a good thing is that the movie is inclusive, meaning that you don’t need to know everything in the Sonic franchise to have a good time watching this movie. Overall, I can see the appeal for both children and adults (but mainly 8 year olds that know who Sonic is and think his power of super-speed is extremely cool). I can also see the appeal clearly for kids that play the Sonic games or feel settled in the franchise due to them being generally knowledgable of it. In regards to my star rating, it was so close to settling at 3 stars, but it just barely made it up to 4. I think the movie is suitable for ages 8 and above as I think anyone younger than that wouldn’t know what’s going on, and the violence would scar them for a while.

1 person found this helpful.

a great movie for young and old!

It was very good and one of the most hilarious jim carrey movies (and that's saying a lot)

Meh

1 person found this helpful.

That movie is better than bluey

Yeah it is

GOTTA GO FAST!

I loved it! If you like Sonic, action, humor, or Jim Carrey, you'll love this movie! It was very very funny! It is an action film, so there's a bit of violence (including a bar fight). There's some consumerism but I enjoyed it, as it added to the jokes. Sonic looked great, I am so glad the producers listened to the fans and changed Sonic to be a little closer to his game form. He's sooo adorable, and filled with jokes too! Also, he's a determined little hedgehog. Dr. Robotnik ( Jim Carrey :D) was hilarious, best part of the movie! His technological know-how is pretty good, but his dancing skills are even better! Ugh! I'm trying not to spoil the movie! You should go see it!

1 person found this helpful.
I think it's pointless that Sonic 1 and 2 get a lower age limit because it's a blue teddy bear. I think it should be 12 years old because of the fight in the bar it's fun but not good for kids under 10 to watch without an adult. And not good for children under 12 to watch alone. And because Dr. Robotnik is very scary. It also means there is a lot of violence! Should not be viewed by anyone under the age of 10 without an adult. And should also not be seen by anyone under 12 without an adult!

Fun movie

I honestly really liked this movie. I’m not really a sonic fan, but I know that it doesn’t really have that much sonic references and stuff to appeal to the fans, but it’s still a cute, fun movie. I usually don’t like kids movies but this one was actually funny, and wasn’t cringey, there was a fart joke and sonic does a Fortnite dance twice, but you can look past that. I recommend this movie for a family movie night, even if you don’t know anything about sonic that’s fine because you can still enjoy the movie, and then you should check out the second movie which is also pretty good.

Super sonic good

I loved this film it’s action packed and exciting with a good role model in it to with some comic violence so I strongly recommend this film.

Very good

I like the movie very good!