Kid reviews for Soul Surfer

Earnest sports biopic tugs at heart despite clichés.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieteenwatcher April 29, 2011

SURF SURF SURF ALLY SURF!!!!!!!

My sister likes this movie but she thought that it was violent when the shark bites off her arm and it's very sad and depressing. She is a good role model (Bethany) by being determnined that she will be able to surf again and never gives up her dream.

Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2011

Inspiring

I loved this movie! It shows that you can overcome things, even when hope is lost and all odds are totally against you. AnnaSophia Robb was excellent in this movie and portrayed Bethany well. The shark attack was very brief, if you blinked you would miss the actual shark. However, my 7 year old sister was a little scared, so I would reccomend this for ages 9+. This movie was very inspiring, it teaches you to chase your dreams. The role models in this movie were great, from the pastor, to the father, to Bethany herself. I also liked the Christian element in this movie :)

Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2011

good for kids who can handle a little blood and sharks

first of al this is one of the best movies ever!!!! so bethany and alanas dad bro and herself. go out and surf a little then alana and bethany are just sitting on thier surfboard then all of a sudden the shark jumps up and grabs her arm and pulls her under. alana screams and they all rush her to the reef as they swim you see alot of blood. alanas dad raps his shirt around her arm and alana starts throwing up. while the brother calls the hospital and ambulance and beths mom . bethanys dad is laying in the hospital about to get knee surgery when the nurse runs in and screams "stop the surgery there is a teen surfer you just got attacked by a shark" so one thing leads to another and they doctor tells him its bethany so he tries to jump up but they hold him down. mean while alana and her family lay bethany on a surfboard and put her in the back of the truck. beths mom and brothers follow the ambulance. they finally get bethany to the hospital and by this time thier are nurses and doctors trying to get her into the room then you see them shock her and that is the end of the attack. then later one alana has a scary dream about it .then after a few weeks when bethany is home someone calls out her dad . they had cuaght the shark so they wanted to see if it was the one that attacked her so the stick the surfboard (the one she was attacked on and had the bite taken out of it) in its mouth and see it is a perfect fit and her dad starts crying.but over all this is the best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 21, 2011

I LOVED IT!!! FIVE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really liked this movie- no I loved it! I'm disappointed however... it only got three stars! I would've given it five, five, FIVE! It was inspirational. I laughed, I cried, it was amazing! There wasn't one scene I wouldn't take out from start to finish. Rent it, buy it, see it! Just watch it! I love that its based on a true story. And how she says she'd never take back the exceperience. Bethany is a role model to all. And I love AnnaSophia Robb!

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheAlice12 December 21, 2015

Brilliant, Inspiring Movie, check it out!

I was sceptical about this movie, especially at first with the light theme of religion. I thought it was going to be cheesy and annoying. The movie takes a little while to really get into the story, but once the accident unfolds the movie really starts. This is inspiring and the main character, Bethany, is a great role model. Eventually, instead of feeling bitter and angry about her accident, she goes about with kindness and tries to help other people worse off. I've watched this movie multiple times and it's delightful. Once the true meaning comes into the movie, you'll love it, I promise you. 11+

Teen, 16 years old Written byelilev123 October 10, 2014

The Best

it is just like the book me and my dad read.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJesusFreak112 April 29, 2011

GREAT Movie!!

Great movie!! Has a good bit of Spiritual elements in it too. It is probably the best movie I've seen in theaters. I HIGHLY reccomend that anyone see it.

Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011
Love it. Teaches an important lesson,never give up. I would say this movie is for all ages,but todlers cant understand. Best movie that teaches a postive message ive seen all year.

Kid, 9 years old April 29, 2011

Perfect for them mature people if you can handle it because I can... Perhaps

It's good, and sad too. When the shark bites her arm off, it's depressing, but the way they took it into a movie- I must say, it's anything good.. Trust me, as a 9 year old, I've seen more violent things and movies than this.. Most movies have a catch to it, and this one has alot. But compared to " James Cameron's Avatar", it's nothing... Or is it?

Kid, 10 years old April 30, 2016

such a inspiration!!!!!

this is the most inspiring movie I've ever seen! It would be a huge inspiration to kids who have disabilities, big changes in there lives or even being bullied. its got great positive role models and positive messages. I was 9 when i watched this movie and i didn't find the shark attack part to intense or scary one bit. if you think your kids would be frightened by this part, just skip through the shark attack part and explain to them what happened. over all i would rate this around 5, 6 or 7+. just plzzz don't miss this movie!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 April 9, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One word...amazing. No, make that 2...inspiring. This movie has a GREAT message with a GREAT role model for the main character, the only concern is the shark attack. Bethany is just sitting on her surf board with her friend, and there is absolutely no warning, not even music, that the shark is coming. All of the sudden, he comes up and rips her arm off. There is much blood and gore up until the point where she gets her stitches. Also, there is a spooky dream re-capping the attack. Over all, Anna-Sophia Rob does a great job as the main character, and there is a great message throughout the story. (note: BRING KLEENEX!!!!)

Teen, 14 years old Written byNotreDameFan July 22, 2014

ARE YOU SERIOUS COMMON SENSE MEDIA????????? 3 STARS?

GREAT MOVIE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY

Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 September 29, 2013

My review

I hated this movie and here's why a shark can't tell the difference between a human on a surfboard and a seal or sea lion from below the water so there's strike one strike two is that the shark was killed because it made a mistake we kill sharks daily but you're more likely to die from a hotdog a bolt of lightning a Black Friday stampede and a bunch of other stuff than a shark and third and final mistake is just how they portray the sharks as man eating monsters well if you believe that then go read a few books then come back
Teen, 13 years old Written byanimallover7 May 28, 2011

Great movie!

This is a great movie! It's a very sweet movie and tells you to never give up! The shark attack isn't very vulger or violent, it happens very fast. I hope that you watch this movie!

Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2011
This movie is really good. It has good role models.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKaty Depp May 7, 2011
Was good....the shark part was kinda scary..but good overall!

Kid, 10 years old April 30, 2011
i love it it is my one of 2 of my favorite movies i think the shark attack is so brief that it is not too violent. bethany is an inspiring person and a good role model. i think that it is a movie that you must see. it is good for kids ages9 and up and teens and adults will love it too.

Kid, 9 years old April 29, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written bypopmusiciscool March 12, 2018

I didn’t enjoy it too much

The movie would have been good if her arm had not been bitten off by that shark. After that, there were some OKAY parts but not that good. Depending on the movie, I’d rather watch an R rated movie than Soul Surfer. I gave it 10+ because it’s not too bad and my sister watched it when she was 10.

Teen, 14 years old Written bygkswah77 September 9, 2017