Kid reviews for Space Chimps

Silly space adventure has peril, some scares.

Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2017

Is it a good or bad movie, I'm not sure!

To be exactly honest I’m not sure if I should label it good or bad. Well, I think kids 5-7 will enjoy this film, tweens not so much. At first I was going to call the review Space Chumps. (Meaning I didn’t like it that much.) Then I saw it again and I couldn’t decide if I should call Space Chimps a good movie or a bad movie. I’m not surpised that you’re seeing the movie because Andy Samberg (Ham the third) is staring in the film along with Jeff Daniels (Zatrog), Kristen Chenoweth (Kilowatt), Kevin Thompson (the Ringmaster), Stanley Tucci (the Senator), and Patrick Warburton (Titan). But the actors aren’t important, the movie itself is important! Some parts don’t make sense. Like when Ham knocks out unconscious by flying a jet jack, then when he wakes up he is already in the ship ready to launch into space! The filmmakers should put in some plotline while Ham is unconscious. For your info, Space Chimps is a good movie for young kids. But most tweens aren’t going to be interested in Space Chimps.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDestroyer334545 August 10, 2013

NONONONONONONO!

SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!! .0001/100
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 17, 2013

Not that good....

Pretty boring if you ask me. I think it had a good premise, but it was pretty bad, but bearable. I think it's a better choice for little kids, anyone over 8 may get bored with the movie. It's okay I guess.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 27, 2012

Bad.

I hated it, although kids might like.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny September 14, 2011

Boring...

I really don't recommend this. It was okay at first, but now that I think back at it, it was pretty terrible. The animation was subpar. The characters weren't very likable, either. Yeah, it had its moments. There were a few funny scenes, but it just didn't entertain me enough. The story lagged on too much and took too long to get to the point. I almost fell asleep! The premise is actually pretty good, but the movie itself could've been better. Just don't waste your time.
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011
I used to liek this movie I never really loved it but it was a good movie i saw it in 4th grade.

Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2010

perfect for all ages

I really liked the movie cuz it was adventurous,happy, and funny! It was truly a great movie i recomend it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak December 31, 2009

Childish, and even barely unfunny !

One small step for man is the saying for us humans taking our first step on the moon.Well in this dumb, corny childish, and even barely unfunny family film it's one small step for CHIMP ! This Is A movie that you NEED TO SKIP! Almost a D -
Kid, 11 years old October 2, 2009

cute movie

I thought space chimps was a cute and funny kids movie that is great for all ages and the whole family

Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2009

Main Part Nailed By Andy Samberg!

Although I don't think many kids know who Andy Samberg is, I think they will all find him hilarious in this comedy! Violence is to a minimum and it isn't very scary. I find the animation not very great when it comes to the action sequences, to it takes some of the essence out. But the witty dialogue and extremely likeable characters make this movie worthwhile.
Language is very minimum as well, as the worst thing said is "oh, Lord", repeated about three times. Other than that, only about six deity exclamations popped up that I noticed.
Drugs and alcohol are out of the question. Consumerism is a slight issue, and Andy Samberg's characters, Ham III, don't set very good role models with reckless behavior and pretty tame but still not very nice language.
Anyways, it's a great film and you should watch it!

Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2009

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this movie! there is almost NO violence, Ham flirts with Luna WAY too much, a couple bad words, and other than that, FUNNY! this is a must see movie for everyone! Patrick Warburton (Titon) (Kronk in The Emporer's New Groove) is SOOOOOO Funny!

Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2009

It's Too Lovey

This is OK but too much love, and way too much violence, it only has a little educational value

10 and up