Kid reviews for Spaceballs

Spaceballs Poster Image

Goofy '80s parody has cursing, violence, innuendo.
1 person found this helpful.

SUPER funny but should be PG 13

Violence was fine but the sex and swearing was off the chart. It was almost too mature for me. A guy is in a bed with two women, there is a use of F**k, b***h is used several times, asshole is use several times, s**t is used several times, a guy points the middle finger, a droid has a virgin alarm, A doctor is shown looking (and maybe more but I wont say) at someones breast. There is much more and should not watch unless 12+. Anyone 12+ will think it is hilarious.

A GOOD PARODY MOVIE

I really like this. George Lucas love this movie but why is it rated PG? It should be a rated PG-13 movie.

Star Wars spoof leaves you ROLLING with laughter

Spaceballs is one of the few Science fiction spoofs/parodies that don't end up being cringy or outdated. In fact, it is funny even for audiences now. Mel Brooks' masterpiece is fun, crazy and enjoyable. A few jokes end up being a little iffy or for an older audience so I can tip you in with a quite nice and accurate review. The story follows Lone Star ( a ridiculous combo of Han Solo and Luke Skywalker) a galactic outlaw who owes a ton of money for Pizza the Hut (I think we can guess this is Jabba) He is assigned a job by the king of the planet Druidia to rescue Princess Vespa, his bratty daughter (a perfect an surprisingly accurate Leia parody) from the Spaceballs, the evil intergalactic empire. The story provides laughs, but not for all ages. For example, there is a recurring joke on Vespa's virginity (that'll probably go over kids heads anyway.) and President Scoob (played to an -all-time-hilarious by Mel himself) flirts heavily and ends up sleeping with a pair of officers. A few jokes involving the 'Schwartz' (an incredibly cute parody on the Force) by saying lines such as "Your Schwartz is as big as mine" (that would also probably go over kids heads) Some language includes a few s-bombs, a-holes, and a few 'damns'. Overall the film is funny, quirky and you can't keep a laugh inside!

listen

because hardrock28 is the most voted in the parent's section I feel like a lot of people didn't know that the MPAA created the PG-13 rating after Indiana Jones 2

GOOD, BUT...

TO Hardrock28 (and everyone who is wondering why it's PG when it has ALL these swears and inappropriate stuff) , PG-13 was used then only when it had major s*x, so it was learning. It wasn't until I say the early 90's, when they stepped up their game, and the MPAA got better.

So hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a comedic spoof on the Star Wars movies. They poke fun at the movies with some sexual jokes and language. I know that these jokes are all in good humor. There is only slapstick violence and laser blasters are shot but the violence would be alright for a 6 year old. In another scene, characters hold their lightsabers to to their private parts and joke that they are penises. Overall this move is so funny!!!! May the Schwartz be with you

it is the best!

kids need to watch this movie!

Just bad humor, not for younger kids

I found the humor rather boring and bad, a lot of random swearing and such. Wouldn't recommend at all but defiantly not for kids under 13.

Great spoof, but definitely a watch with responsible adult first.

There is lots of swear words as well as groin related jokes however if your kids are mature enough to no whats not appropriate and what is as well as if your okay maybe covering your kids eyes in a couple of seams. But other then that its a great movie that well leave you laughing.