Parent reviews for Speed

Explosive bus ride for mature action lovers.

Adult Written byChrissy505 September 30, 2009

Awesome movie!

Love this movie! Saw it after there was a joke about it in PSYCH. Awesome movie definite must see. Bad role models: the bomber (DUH). But the main character is a good role model because he does everything he can to try to save the people on the bus; and his friend(poor guy) tries his best 'till his end.

Adult Written byFirst ad movie kit June 13, 2015

Speed

The violence is okay; a guy gets stabbed in the head but not really shown. There is life or death scenes some graphic. The swearing is not as bad as die hard but f--k S--t a-s h--l God--n d--n Jesus Christ. The sex is not bad flirting kissing, detail kissing not bad at all; beer is drinked at a celebration a good cop shoots a good cop. Parents this is a really awesome movie but it mite not be appropriate for children.

Adult Written bywhiteblack May 18, 2015

Very good

Villain is very convincing. The whole movie is very clever.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bymarierm April 3, 2014

Fun movie for mature teens and older

I watched this with my 13 year old daughter last night. She is an avid reader of young adult novels in which violent things happen, people die, evil exists, unselfish love exists, heroes fight for what they believe in despite high odds and usually prevail despite others around them perishing, teens kiss and/or make out, etc. She is able to take these things in stride and to discern what parts of the novels serve to entertain or to teach. She loved this movie and understood it was just for fun, recognized the "movie magic" in reference to certain parts of this film that were fun but laughably unrealistic. I'm sure it would have been rated PG-13 (maybe minus some language, but we watched it on AMC and they dubbed out the swearing, which was great) if it had been released today.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bymrs conn April 22, 2011

perfect for all ages 11+

Adult Written byleonard p. March 25, 2014

Great Movie

One bloody scene, but besides that not that much blood the one issue is cursing but even that isn't extreme.

Adult Written byJ J. January 15, 2018

From what I recall it's ok

Yea, it has violence and what not and they try to stop a bomb from killing a bus (I think greyhoud?) from killing a lot of people. Everyone gets out in the end somehow and the bus explodes. It's not a bad action film. I great message here since it could happen in real life (knowing these days) and so trying to save all these people from dying is good.

Adult Written bymovie fan man's dad March 3, 2014

very good movie one of my favorites

well it is not for 7 and under but really awesome