Parent reviews for Spider-Man: No Way Home

Fun, funny, touching Spidey sequel has comic book violence.

Parent of a 9, 14, and 17-year-old Written byMkt83 December 16, 2021

A few swear words and the word sex 2Xs

It was good! I really liked the movie as a whole. I only wish in the beginning when Spiderman and MJ come back to his room after everyone goes a bit crazy finding out Peter Parker is Spiderman, there wasn’t 2 mentions of the word sex by Aunt May. That was annoying. Since he’s standing in his underwear. Otherwise, it did have some swearing but nothing that’s super horrible.
My 9yo is a huge Spiderman fan so he had a surprise special day just him and mom watching it in 3D @4pm on opening day. I could tell he got a little bored in the middle with all of the storyline. It’s 2.5 hrs with previews. It has plenty of action and people punching others in the face. I think it might have been a bit more violent then the others. In parts of the movie Spiderman is bleeding on his face and you feel bad for him. Towards the end someone dies and it’s sad; so between the fighting and that I wouldn’t take a child who isn’t ready to see / comprehend that emotionally. But if you think your kid can handle it they’ll love the movie! Oh! And the end credits has a stinger and it’s a drunk guy. After the credits the stinger is about Dr Strange

Adult Written byAli1935830 December 21, 2021

Amazing movie (No Spoilers) but a mention of sex

This movie was amazing! Both me and my kids loved it! There is a little more brutal action than the other movies so be prepared for that. Spiderman learns that there are consequences to his actions and that nothing lasts forever.
My only complaint would be that Spiderman's aunt mentions sex a few times at the beginning of the movie which I thought was unnecessary.
Oh, and no spoilers but have your kids watch the original Spiderman movies from 2002 and 2012!

Adult Written bymohsen_2001 December 27, 2021

Nice movie-Not for younger audience

It was a very nice movie to watch with my 13-year-old. Glad my younger 2 boys didn't join. The violence, language, and sexual references were not suitable for that young age. Great to watch starting from preteen

Adult Written byspikergirl711 December 18, 2021

best spider-man movie ever made

the experience of watching this movie in the theater was UNREAL!! i would recommend this to anyone even if you aren’t a hardcore marvel/spider-man fan. all the twists and shocks was phenomenal i cried so much

Adult Written bySeantheman22 December 18, 2021

PERFECTION

The best movie I’ve ever seen hands down. Amazing action, beautiful storyline, great humor. 1000/10 movie it’s a must watch.

Adult Written byMarvel Movie Reviews December 16, 2021

Epic Spider Man film is a love letter to fans!

In a more poignant film than the previous Spider-Man films, Spider-Man No Way Home is a love letter for fans. With fun, thrills and tons of incridible action, this film is one of the best MCU films ever made.

In terms of violence, there's a lot of action, and some scenes may be a bit scary for overall violence isn't a big issue.

Expect language including s***, damn, hell, a**and a cut-off use of f***.

There isn't anything that stood out in terms of sex, other then a few slightly revealing scenes and dialoug.

Spider-Man/Peter remains heroic and brave but impulsive, sometimes rushing into things without thinking them through and making mistakes along the way but he's always trying to do whats best.

Overall this is an amazing film and is essential to watch for all Spider-Man and Marvel/Superhero fans!

Enjoy the film! And remember, with great power comes great responsebility.

Adult Written byLuisaLane December 29, 2021

Somewhat emotional & long Marvel sequel for 12+

It's decent for a family movie for pre-teen and up, though a little slow and overly long. My partner enjoyed it more than I did because he's seen all the non-Marvel spidermans where those throwback characters and villains will be more appreciated. For kids - it's emotionally challenging with a major character death with emotional impact, and sex mentioned twice which I'd rather have been left out.
Adult Written byBlitzGuy20 December 19, 2021

Jaw-dropping superhero flick is full of surprises and action

Adult Written byethanh2016 December 17, 2021

Amazing

Best of all worlds. All 3 Spider-Man universes collide in this cinematic masterpiece, engaging in endless emotion, masterful acting and action-packed fight scenes. If you have seen any previous Spider-Man movies, then this is a must-see!

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byKaitis1Mom December 23, 2021

With great power comes great responsibility…

Very well done. There is a bit more foul language than what I would have liked and a few slight references to sex, which is why I feel it’s more appropriate for the 12 and up crowd. Bring a tissue or two with you: you might need it.
Also, stay til the end of the credits- there are two extra scenes. My 13 year old daughter and I went to see it. It’s definitely worth seeing a second time!

Adult Written byemarnold15 December 21, 2021

*SPOILERS* Exceeded my (very high) expectations

I have been following all of the hype and leaks for this movie on Twitter, so my expectations were very high for this movie. Especially since (in my personal opinion) the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies always lacked severe consequences and stakes. The previous Spider-Man movies were always my favorites. However, No Way Home exceeded my expectations, and is my favorite MCU movie that I've seen in awhile.
This movie is on the same level as every other MCU movie when it comes to violence and language. So if your kid has seen any MCU movie, they will be fine. It is very long (2.5 hours) and it does drag in the second act, so any kid under 10 may not be able to sit through it.
**SPOILERS**
I am so freaking happy that Tobey and Andrew are back, it MADE this movie 10x better. Especially Andrew's Peter, he really did an amazing job bringing a funny, snarky Peter into the mix. I am so glad the rumors ended up being true!
All the villains are great, and are improved from their past performances. Especially Green Goblin, William Dafoe was awesome!
Because the marketing/trailers of the movie had to completely leave out the second half, the first hour is kind of spoiled. With Dr. Strange, MJ, and Ned. It had some pacing issues up until the return of Andrew and Tobey, so that's why I gave it four stars.
All-in-all, this was fun, nostalgic, and even emotional! I really enjoyed it and think it deserves all the hype it has gotten.

Adult Written byEmma S. January 18, 2022

Adult Written byLebron12James3 January 18, 2022

It’s trash

It’s just a cash grab. There was no need for another Toy Story
Adult Written byJdag January 17, 2022

Fun Movie

This was a fun movie to watch, especially if you have seen all of the most recent spiderman movies. For younger viewers: skip the 1st scene in the apartment as sexual references are mentioned. Also, skip the fighting scene after the villains leave Happy's apartment, the display of violence and death is much more graphic than any previous film of the trilogy. Beyond those two scenes, the rest of the film was fun and contained just typical superhero/villain fighting.

Adult Written byMikkyp123 January 15, 2022

The best!

SPOILERS: 18+. Not much swear words, but VERY TOUCHING AND EMOTIONAL. I cried so much when Aunt May died and Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield came in. If you are not a fan of emotional movies than, do not watch the last scene of Spider-Man: No Way Home. You will cry a lot. This is probably the best movie I ave seen in years, and probably the most emotional three-quel I have ever seen :) Best film ever!! (Venom =)

Adult Written byGoodforumkvies December 30, 2021

Really Good

Very Good movie but has some violence. Far from home, another spiderman movie is much more violent. There is some explosions, car crashes but nothing too gory is shown. Language is infrequent but mostly "s--t" and "badass" is used. No F words are used. There's very mild innuendo and kissing but the sex is not a problem.
Really Good for mature kids!

Adult Written bySirat362 December 28, 2021

Amazing, Ultimate & Spectacular absolutely Superb!

Spider Man No Way Home given us what fans really wanted for so long! We always wanted to see Tom Holland's Spider-Man to become a badass Spider-Man like we never seen him before in Spiderman Homecoming & in Spiderman Far From Home! Spider Man No Way Home is MCU's The Biggest and The Best Spider Man Movie like we never seen before! Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jon Favreau, Jamie Foxx, Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, Benedict Wong, Marisa Tomei & of course J. K. Simmons each and everyone given their 100% performance to give us proper entertainment which we really disserve! And of course every Surprise special appearances will give u chill thrills screams and claps! Thank U So Much To Kevin Feige and Jon Watts to give us a best Blockbuster entertaining movie of 2021! I'm really happy to say goodbye 2021 with Joy and Happiness because of Spiderman No Way Home! Thank U Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios for giving us an emotional, action, heart, nostalgia movie What fans really wanted for so damn long! That's why it is the Amazing, Ultimate & Spectacular Movie which is absolutely Superb

Parent Written bybethalkhair December 28, 2021

spiderman no way home

let me start off with wow this a an amazing movie staring tom Holland I saw it in 4dx and would highly recommend seeing it that way. it had me on the edge of my seat the whole movie with surprises around each corner. you have to see this movie .

Adult Written bymichael.d.malone December 25, 2021