All teen and kid member reviews for Spider-Man

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 22, 2011

With Great movies comes great reviews for it.

And hopefully this one doesn't fall short! Spiderman is a web-slinging adventure that takes you through the process of Peter Parker's transformation from becoming the average teenager with a crush on the girl next door to the ultimate superhero. Kid's everywhere will love this movie! I especially recomend it to tweens, because some bits and pieces of the film are not for the little ones. Swearing (words like the P word the H word) is in it, and violence between Spidey and the Green Goblin might scare small kids
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2016

A great movie but quite violent

This is a very good movie. But it has a very decent amount of comic book violence and a suggestive clingy wet t shirt scene.
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2015

For children over seven

My seven year old brother watched it, but he is quite used to fa rely intense movies . It features a bit of everything the most scary bit is at th start when the green goblin vaporises some people.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedelman100 January 16, 2016

Marvel does it again

I love this movie. Does have some iffy stuff though. Violence: Lots of comic-book action violence, many characters are in peril, one sad death that is implied on-screen, SPOILER ALERT, the main villain is impaled in a rather gory way, very little blood. Sex: Peter Parker is in love with MJ, they eventually have a very passionate kiss, she is scantily clad in this scene, it is also seen that MJ was mugged in an alley way, almost to the point of a sexual assault. Language: Accurate language for a PG-13' including a**, d**n, he**, one use of sh**ty, and a few arguments between MJ's family can be heard, the father shouting out insults. Consumerism: Not an issue. Drinking: In a lab scene, Norman Osbourne drinks an unknown substance, shorty afterwards, he goes insane from a gas, thus creating the Green Goblin. I would recommend this movie for mature tweens 11 and up. Again, this is a must-see!
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011

Great for, well anyone

Wonderful movie that will keep you entertained all the way. Brilliant action and good script make Spidey's first big budget movie worth a watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygregguy March 5, 2016

Fine movie for tweens and up

Many kids will want to see this movie, including many young boys, but there are a few things parents need to know. There is some language, not that much though. Ass and piss are as bad as it gets. There are also some parts that may scare kids, such as the villain's costume and a few images that suddenly flash on the screen. There is some violence of course, but compared to most superhero movies it's very tame. This is a good movie. Tweens and up will be able to handle it by themselves, kids younger than 10 may need an adult with them. It all depends on what they can handle and what you want them to see. One important thing is there is nothing vulgar in the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpider-Man 2099 October 20, 2015
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2011

perfect

i love the movie its good
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2016

A Really Good Superhero Movie

Spider-Man is a really good superhero movie, as well as the first superhero movie I fully saw. Despite the PG-13 rating, the only thing that would keep me from letting, say, a seven year old, watch it is one death scene at the end (not gonna spoil it, but it is partially off-screen). Onto content! Violence: All stylized and equal with action and otherwise violence. Peter is bitten by a spider which leaves him with a big bite mark on his hand. A man experiments on himself with an enhancing chemical elemental, after that he proceeds to go crazy and throw a manager through a glass window, killing him, then he jumps toward him. A guy (not spoiling) is shot (off-screen) and we see him with a brief wound in his chest (another of the few reasons for a PG-13). A man's wrist is broke and he falls backwards out of a window (not spoiling his fate, watch Spider-Man 3 to find out). The Green Goblin flying his glider shoots a missile at man in a spacecraft which explodes. In the same scene, Green Goblin shoots two fellows from outside a structure which explodes. Green Goblin kills people by throwing a pumpkin explosive at them which turns them into skeletons. Some fighting is seen throughout this movie between two characters. They include no blood. A man is cut with a throwing object (yet another reason for the PG-13). Green Goblin on his glider attacks two people at different times by firing and crashing through the windows behind them, causing one to have a trauma attack (also PG-13). Spider-Man is battling with the Goblin at the film's ending ,the fight between them is extremely violent; we can hear how Spiderman beats the Goblin's helmet. In the final fight scene, The Goblin throws a pumpkin explosive toward Spiderman, we see how his face and his body are violently damaged from the blast (final PG-13 scene).
Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist December 29, 2015

Awesome movie.

This movie is amazing. Although, there is some violence and also some kissing. Peter Parker has some good character traits. Don't hesitate showing this to your kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck May 24, 2014

Superhero classic!

This is the first thing that really got me into superheroes. I wasn't even 4 years old when I first saw this movie. Good messages and role models. Hero vs bad guy action and peril. The Lord's name is misused. Great movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBunnyNostrils April 7, 2014

Good Movie

Violence: 5/10 Language: 1/10 Sex: 2/10 Disturbing: 2/10 Regular superhero violence with some scary moments
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2012

a misunderstood spider-man movie

this is a great example of a misunderstood movie! people think its not good but i think its great, why? because of the ending Green goblin is harry's dad and harry is about to kill spiderman but spiderman leaves this leads to second movie were the saga continues and harry is still hunting down spiderman man with his secret weapon "dockter octopus" but my point is this movie is great with the plot too the green goblin is getting his million dollar job tooken away from his so he wants revenge on the people who turn on him, also spiderman relationship with marry jane harry loves but he didnt tell peter and then he finds out peter and marry jane love eachother this a great example of a movie! and i chose posotive role modles because peter is a science wiz and thats how kidz should have the potencial to be like that today. but this is amisunderstood movie thats all i am trying to say.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 2, 2011

One of the best superhero films.

My rating: PG [borderline with PG-13] for sequences of action violence, some language and a scene of sensuality.
Kid, 9 years old September 11, 2014

AMAZING

I think that any kid 7+ (depending on their maturity) would LOVE it. I myself saw it when I was 5 and was perfectly fine, so 11+ is just wrong.Spider man could not be played by anyone better than Tobey Maguire and though Andrew Garfield is Okay, well those ones wern't the best.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2011

I saw this movie when I was 4 years old and loved it

Parents: Grow up and let your kids have an imagination and let them see this innocent, Quirky Peter Parker as he struggles to become a superhero. For those strict parents: 12+ For easy going parents that give their children a little freedom: 7+ One of my childhood movies. I loved playing the video game with my dad. It was an awesome game for its time. 3/5
Teen, 14 years old Written byobiwan3301 August 31, 2015

does whatever a spider...............................

This was my first superhero film as spidey is my favorite hero. It is really good for its time. I did see it on a dvd editor so it was pretty clean, but I know there is a bad kissing scene which I skip and there are some skimpy outfits is the wrestling scenes, and also when peter is getting paid there are scantily clad women all over the office wall so I suggest skipping. The violence freaked me out at first and the goblin scared me but I got over it. 9 year old BOYS can totally handle it. Other then that great message and great film.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams March 24, 2015

SPIDERMAN FTW!

I'm a huge Spider Man fan, and this was a great start. Great action, great graphics, great acting, and everything was perfect in this movie.
Kid, 7 years old September 12, 2014

i think its a little to violent this kind of gave me the creeps

COOOOLLLL!!!!

I was always bumed that all my friend s could watch PG-13 movies and I couldn't, now that i've seen this I know why! 1.Punching,kicking,killing,exsploshins,guns rarely used though,the blood is only in 3 scenes. 2.just a couple swear words like "kick his spider @#$!!!!!" the worst scene is the last scene when the green goblin gets stabed in the chest and starts chouching up blood was so bad my mom wasn't sure i should see it! Ther is one creepy part where the green goplin uses this bomb thing to turn these guys to skeeletons! so just wait until your kids are 12 for them to see it.