Kid reviews for Spies in Disguise

Odd-couple spy/buddy comedy is wacky fun; lots of action.

Teen, 15 years old Written bywhatarewedoing288 January 23, 2020
Kid, 7 years old January 20, 2020

Very Exciting

There is lots of violence like shooting but it is also very funny. There were great role models, too. I enjoyed it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGoldenTrio7 January 16, 2020

Great movie!

Great movie! Will Smith plays Lance Sterling, an agent who does things his way, and doesn't listen to others much. Tom Holland plays Walter, a young man who invents peacful (and funny) tech to stop the villians of the world. There's a lot of humor, although some of its gross. Example, a few vomiting and gagging scenes. The villian, "Robo-Hand", is pretty intense, and he's got a robotic side of his face that covers a nasty scar from his past. There's a drone that Lance is looking for that's called Assasian II, and as you can imagine, there's a few apparent deaths. So to summon up, it has a lot of humor, action, feeling, a couple of intense parts that may be a little much for young kids. But I enjoyed it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoel_5762 January 15, 2020

Spies in Disguise | Film Review

Spies in Disguise is a childish but ultimately fun action film to enjoy with the family.

Will Smith's Lance Sterling is super cool, suave and a great role model for younger kids. His portrayal is on point. Additionally, the rest of the cast does an amazing and enjoyable job in voicing their characters. Some of my personal favourites include: Karen Gillian as Eyes, Rashida Jones as Marcy and Ben Mendelsohn as 'Robo-Hand'.

I loved some of the plot and film. However, I found myself enjoying 'Lance Sterling, Super-Spy' so much that when he got transferred into a bird for the majority of the film, I just got annoyed and kind of angry. The Walter and Bird Lance portion of the film did end up ultimately being the comedic segment they were aiming for but apart from enjoying the comedy, I absolutely hated it. So that's why I was thankful when Lance was returned to his normal form towards the end of the 2nd act.

Ben Mendelsohn as 'Robo-Hand' was a really compelling and menacing villain. There are certainly great messages of learning to work as a team, trusting others, accepting all people no matter how weird and learning that violence is never always the answer. Additionally, I really enjoyed Lance's arc of learning to work as a team and accept all ideas, not just your own.

However, the film isn't perfect. As I said, the whole 'turned-into a bird portion of the film' was funny but apart from that, dreadful and corny to watch. Furthermore, as much as they tried to make Tom Holland's Walter sympathetic to the audience, I just really disliked him. He just seemed to screw things up for the worse everytime and was ultimately to blame for many things that occured in the film, therefore I just don't enjoy that character.

On a positive note though, Walter does seem to care for Lance a lot and I guess some of his inventions were helpful so I don't completely hate the character. Finally, if you aren't a fan of consumerism, then you might not like the large amount of Audi branding seen in the film.

In conclusion, though Spies in Disguise is at times very childish and annoying, the cast, animation and even comedy make for an enjoyable flick to watch with the family.

Teen, 16 years old Written bycatlover18 January 15, 2020

Nice

It’s a good movie with great messages, but the storyline is quite predictable. There’s a lot of violence so I think it’s best for 8+.

Teen, 16 years old Written byNadia Cloud January 14, 2020

Cool spy theme but not too original.

Spies in Disguise is an entertaining movie with a cool James Bond theme. I recommend this for ages 8 and up because a naked man from the rear is shown and some scenes can get too intense for younger viewers. 7/10 recommend.

Teen, 17 years old Written byNathan750 January 14, 2020

A bit intense and thematic stuff, Best for older kids

Blue sky studios has made a lot of cute and enjoyable films for younger children, their last film that they made was Ferdinand (2017) and it was really good and perfect. So then it's this new film which is not from what you expect it to be the are tons of action and fights like Bombs, Dangerous robots, and weapons. There are some nudity and a part where lance looks down in his pants of what's happening in his body. Some name calling like weirdo or weird and a censored mouth from lance. Overall the film is average but strongly meant for older kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written bypawpatrolfanisback January 10, 2020

awesome movie!

i love this movie!
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2020

Brilliant Movie is Pleasing but Cringy.

Spies In Disguise will have you wanting to curl up in your seat if you are over the age of 5, but it's entertaining nevertheless. If you think it looks like a kiddy film, its more sophisticated than you think. Though it does have a fair bit of Audi product placement. Just wanted to put that out there.
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2020

Very good

Very good, some dirty jokes here and there, kinda violent but has good messages,nudity, but over all it’s great

Teen, 17 years old Written bymilese556 January 4, 2020

Great Movie Just Some Violence

No Swearing Just Violence and some cartoon nudity when he gets zapped with a pen. Really sweet Movie for kids

Kid, 5 years old January 3, 2020

Mm....

I do love this movie though it’s mild violent and, well, yes, Walter almost died,and there is 905 deaths in the movie. I Just wanted to let you guys know that I Love your ratings.
Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2020

Super Intense. BAD FOR KIDS!

Kid, 9 years old January 3, 2020

I love this movie because it’s action packed and full of comedy

I think that this movie is great for action and excitement loving kids!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLeoandAl January 1, 2020

Fun movie

Blue Sky has finally made their next movie after Ferdinand and it's awesome. this has no iffy stuff except were they show the guy's bare butt. Other than that, this is perfect for the whole family.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2019

An amazing movie.

The movie was incredible! It is funny, and incredible intense!
But there is a lot of violence to this movie. There was weapons, and a lot of action.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykidsbesafe December 31, 2019

Nudity?

I'm upset that there is nudity in a PG movie. I was really looking forward to seeing this movie, but now I am angry. You failed me. It isn't appropriate.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmy23 December 30, 2019

Funny and Engaging.

Action-packed and engaging plot and marvelous cast. Teaches the valuable lesson that violence is not the only solution; characters show ingenuity, compassion, and courage. Mild violence is pretty common and some dirty (but not overly inappropriate) jokes are made. Great family movie.

Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2019

Over the top action movie, may be a bit too childish for older viewers.

Spies in Disguise features an amazing cast, and is a pretty entertaining film. Though, it may be a bit too "over the top" for older viewers. There is tons of action (no blood or gore included), such as use of cool, kid-friendly gadgets, mild fist fighting, and much more. A character is dropped off a base on the edge of a cliff, he screams until his implied death (though nothing gruesome is shown). A character has a robotic hand, and a robotic eye. Main characters are shown with singes/bruises/scratches on their face. Characters gamble, and other characters are briefly shown drinking. Many characters are shown being choked (but none of them die). A character's mother is referenced to be dead. No kissing, though a girl pigeon is shown rubbing/puffing her feathers out to a boy pigeon she likes (nothing too sexual). A villain's "behind" is shown multiple times. Another main character looks into his pants while transforming into a pigeon (again, nothing is shown). A man is seen naked, though you can only see him from his chest up. There is no bad language, but a main character says something that is implied to be a bad word (though you don't hear it). There are many positive messages and positive role models in this film, e.g: it's okay to be weird, you don't always have to "fly" solo, e.t.c.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2019

Blue Sky has Improved!

Spies in Disguise is a new Comedy, Adventure movie from the animation studio Blue Sky, the people who created the Ice Age movies. Since Disney’s accusation of Fox this movie has gone through alot, but I hope this movie changes your perception about the topic, here is my Spies in Disguise movie review.

This buddy spy movie is very unique, and is as good as its trailers that are very entertaining, and hilarious. The movie has plenty of comedy, and heart in the mix with this Christmas movie. The message of the movie is very Christmas like and is chosen very well with the story and characters.

Spies in Disguise is a very pleasant experience from its bright animation, and likeable characters, that would entertain your average audience. I saw that most of my theater was pleased to know that this movie is very entertaining.

My Verdict of this funny spy buddy flick is a 8/10 Great Film, filled with tons of laughs, and extiments this movie would please most audiences!