All parent member reviews for Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World

Adult Written byOfficialDjsolo September 9, 2015
Adult Written byEbro August 24, 2011

We give it a thumbs UP! We liked it!

We have seen all the Spy Kids Movies and were thrilled to see a new one. My 10 year old loved it. As an adult I was entertained and somewhat bored in parts, but please bear in mind ... it's a kid's movie. We especially liked seeing the Carmen and Juni characters/ actors all gown up. So I have to give this movie a thumbs up!
Parent of a 10 year old Written bysqueek12 August 20, 2011

Worth seeing for children

Positive message overshadows any other negatives.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byclcfh August 19, 2011

Fun with some good discussion starters but troubling language

Kids who liked the other movies will like this one. The scratch and sniff cards that make the movie "4D" add some fun over a typical movie experience. The blended family and hearing impaired child can be good discussion starters, and perhaps even the reaction of the husband's boss to the wife taking her baby on a job with her. The shitake mushrooms quote was alarming in a way it wasn't in the other movies.
Adult Written byHJCornell September 25, 2011

An insult to our intelligence!

PLease don't waster money on this movie. I only went because my younger sister didn't have anyone else to see it and when I got my scratch ans sniff card forthe movie I knew I was in trouble. The movie relies on the weakest of child minds to laugh at the gross humour in the movie (puking, dogs pooing, farts etc.) which I personally find an insult not just to the childrens intelligence but to the adults intelligence too... Please do not waste your money, children deserve better and you should see a good movie instead.
Parent Written byDr. H December 3, 2011

I'm embarrassed I wasted time watching the whole thing.

Don't waste any time on it. All of the good moments are in the trailers.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Spy Kids 4: All the time in the world

best in the series that ive seen, but some good messages about family and friends
Educator Written bymilowicki1 October 26, 2011

just............................... ok

just ok not the best, not the worst, and not the best movie
Parent of a 9 and 9 year old Written bykptown August 23, 2011

fun

We've watched the other Spy Kids movies and have enjoyed them. If I had to sit thru this movie alone, without children, I would maybe rate it a 1 star, but the kids & I enjoyed this, especially with the aromavision card (which was not fantastic, but added another dimension). No content issues here.
Parent of a 9, 10, 14, and 14 year old Written bynew guy02 November 28, 2011

why

why are parnents being so hard on this movie for me and my family watched it and thought it was great ps. the new spy kids are so cute
Parent Written byBearhead3 September 3, 2011

Alba misses the mark by being Alba...

Jessica Alba was absolutely terrible in this movie. Where as the actresses in the other movies were believable as "Mom". Alba is donning form fitting spandex and slinging a baby around more than Michael Jackson. I would have liked to have seen Juni and Carmen play a larger role *the Alba Role perhaps* but overall my kiddo enjoyed it. Scratch and sniff was a big hit. We had to talk about the dog deploying objects from his tail section though... :)
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 10, 2012

spy kids 4 all time world

Families can talk about the movie's message about time management and family unity. How do the characters all make choices that show they've learned the big lesson? Do you think the movie's violence has less impact because it's cartoonish and no one seems to really get hurt? Is unrealistic violence less disturbing? How does the movie compare to the other Spy Kids films? Do you think the series should continue? How is Cecil's hearing depicted? Do his hearing aids affect him negatively or positively?
Adult Written byThunderBird18 August 15, 2015

A little gross

There were so many poop, puke, pee, and fart references. Let's not forget jessica alba's acting is gross in and of itself. It's not all bad. Joel McHale is hilarious as always and the little boy is cute. The dog is the best part of the movie.
Adult Written byfilm_noir_lover November 22, 2011

Don't go to the 4D

A good message about the passing of time and the need to hold on to family and friends. The 4-D version however contains scatological humor in in the scratch and sniff card that younger children may find offensive.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMommy9 August 24, 2011

Definitely a young kid's movie

As a parent it's a one star, but I gave it three because my 9 year old and 12 year old really enjoyed it. Generally, I'd say most 7-10 year olds will enjoy the movie and the silly humor.
Adult Written byMovieluver101 August 29, 2011

Go!

I thought this movie was going to be horrible! It ended up being so good! I would recomend it but it can be a little scary to some kids... in one part shi% is used but otherwise, go see it!
Parent Written byMovieAmma September 3, 2011

OK - Not a great use of your time

Movie was fine but had a lot of holes in it when it comes to logic and sci-fi. There are a lot of ridiculous fight scenes with mostly punching. Lots of toilet humor.